I placed my pre-order on 3/14. All it said was that it would be shipped during the week of 3/18. Apparently now they're saying now on the site that it's backordered (I didn't get a notification that it was backordered. My status still says Pre-order).

Anyone else waiting on theirs?

I saw somewhere else that someone had the same situation but they ended up getting their shipment notification on 3/17 despite ordering on 3/15 (after me).
    CKwik240 likes this.
    03-18-2018 06:29 PM
    Same here, but the pag DID say shipping on the week of the 18 when I placed the order. Called them and they said they can't get inventory from each local warehouse but that they should be receiving units this week, so I'd expect them to ship this week. Also, trade-in offer is now down 100 bucks so canceling and placing a new order would end up in you losing money on the trade in. But now you can get the heavily discounted bundle, so that might make up for it.
    03-18-2018 06:42 PM
    Same here, but the pag DID say shipping on the week of the 18 when I placed the order. Called them and they said they can't get inventory from each local warehouse but that they should be receiving units this week, so I'd expect them to ship this week. Also, trade-in offer is now down 100 bucks so canceling and placing a new order would end up in you losing money on the trade in. But now you can get the heavily discounted bundle, so that might make up for it.
    Thanks, was wondering if it was just me and why someone who ordered after I placed mine got theirs to shipped status. I guess their local warehouse must have gotten one in or something.

I didn't do a trade in but I saw they were offering a bundle that they weren't offering before. I was going to cancel but then I wondered how far back that would push me in the queue.
    03-18-2018 06:59 PM
    Official launch is this week so shouldn't be too far into the queue, but yeah, you'd be put further back. You can always place a new order, get the bundle (since you didn't do a trade-in that might be a better deal), maybe even get both units shipped on the same date, and just return the one sans-kit. Downside is you'd get charged twice for the time being until one order is canceled, that way you don't lose your place in line for one order.
    03-18-2018 07:42 PM
    I did think about doing that. I read though that some are having problems getting RMAs and have been told to wait 7 Business Days. Not sure if they're considering that when calculating the 15 Days from receipt.
    03-18-2018 08:57 PM
    I did think about doing that. I read though that some are having problems getting RMAs and have been told to wait 7 Business Days. Not sure if they're considering that when calculating the 15 Days from receipt.
    I was one of the ones who posted and had the problem getting an RMA. The web site finally offered me a return button about 4 days after I accepted delivery. Am waiting for the new one to arrive today, this time I hope without a speck of black dust under the screen
    03-19-2018 11:59 AM
    I was one of the ones who posted and had the problem getting an RMA. The web site finally offered me a return button about 4 days after I accepted delivery. Am waiting for the new one to arrive today, this time I hope without a speck of black dust under the screen
    When did you request the exchange? And they've already sent you out a replacement? Wow. Still waiting on any shipping notifications on my order.
    03-19-2018 09:07 PM
    When did you request the exchange? And they've already sent you out a replacement? Wow. Still waiting on any shipping notifications on my order.
    They won't send out exchanges. You have to just buy a new one and return the bad one. So I ordered a new phone on Wednesday which was the same day I received the defective one.

Note that mine isn't the unlocked one it's a carrier model. Its just that I didn't want to do the extra work to retrofit the unlocked to enable calling plus on sprint.
    03-20-2018 12:30 AM