Screen scratches so EASY

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I got phone launch morning and baby my stuff somehow my plus has two fairly sizeable scratches?? Hasn't been put in my pocket with anything, dropped, or set on a hard surface. I'm dumb founded. Debating exchanging it or just ordering Whitestone in hopes it covers scratches

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Haven't had a issue yet. I bought the Zagg Elite and its trash so I took it off. And so far I'm good. My Note 8 did the same as you though got multiple scratches from a unknown source. This one seems better so far. We will see. Fingers crossed. If you put a screen protector in you shouldn't be able to see them. Or see if you can exchange it. Maybe that a option.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Just get the Whitestone.
Haven't had a issue yet. I bought the Zagg Elite and its trash so I took it off. And so far I'm good. My Note 8 did the same as you though got multiple scratches from a unknown source. This one seems better so far. We will see. Fingers crossed. If you put a screen protector in you shouldn't be able to see them. Or see if you can exchange it. Maybe that a option.
My only hesitation is that if I buy Whitestone and can still see the scratches then that's money wasted. So I guess I'll just exchange but was just curious if anyone else had issues

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I installed the BodyGuardz Pure Arc Premium Glass Screen Protector on my wife's S9+. After having scratch issues on her S8.
Same here. Those who mention it being an isolated case just happened to get lucky. Same week that I peeled the SP off of my S8+ I found multiple scratches on the screen and one on the back. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
But than what were all those endurance test about. Cause I watched a few and it showed the screen was really durable. And that it would not be scratched by everday items such as car keys or coins in your pocked. Such a shame.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Protect your phones. Tough glass is still glass, and things you can’t even see in your pocket (like a grain of sand) can still scratch you screen

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Part of the way that GG works now is making the glass less brittle, so less likely to shatter, by making it softer, so more likely to be scratched.

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Agreed here. I stopped using a screen protector many years ago and never an issue back to the Note 4..

same here and there has been thread like this for every device I've owned since I stopped using screen protectors, Note 5, S7 Edge, S8+, Note 7, note 8. I don't baby them but just a case and don't drop it all the time or put them in a pocket full of sand and no issues with any device

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
That's gorilla glass 5 for you. I had that happen with the S8+ and the Note 8. It's ridiculous. Sure, more shatterproof and all of that jazz, but I put it inside my dress slacks for a day with nothing else in the pocket and ended up with a tiny little scratch on the screen. This happened with both devices. I had a screen protector ready and waiting for my S9+ when it showed up. Never again will I carry one of these phones without a protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs