S9 - One Drop, One Cracked Screen

khabi

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
My buddy dropped my phone 3 days after I got it. About a 4 ft fall onto a black top. Had a Spigen case on it.

Cracked the screen.

No insurance - FML.

I dropped my old HTC 10 plenty of times over 2 years, and never one scratch or minor crack.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
People always do this. Their device gets dropped and breaks and they claim its built horribly. There's so many factors that go into this. But most notable is it's a glass phone with a curved screen. Of course if you drop the phone it's more prone to breaking then a plastic or metal device.

That's why I dont let people hold my phone. If they drop it and it breaks are they going to pay for it. Probably not. Sorry to hear your phone broke though. But anything can break when dropped.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
My buddy dropped my phone 3 days after I got it. About a 4 ft fall onto a black top. Had a Spigen case on it.

Cracked the screen.

No insurance - FML.

I dropped my old HTC 10 plenty of times over 2 years, and never one scratch or minor crack.
Sorry that happened to you. :(

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Seriously like anything else in life. If it made to break, it will. I don't care how well it claims to be.

khabi

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
So is your friend going to pay for your phone ?

No, he isn't. I'm just going to live with it for now.

It's a spider crack in the top left corner of the screen. Right where the notifications pop up. I'm going to put my Dome Glass protector on it and hope it isn't very noticeable.

It's $220 at a local Samsung certified shop to replace the screen. Sucks that they manufactured this phone so that you have to take apart the entire phone to change the screen, makes it very expensive to repair.

If I can't live with it, I'll pony up the $220 to get it fixed and see if my buddy will contribute. And maybe over a couple months the cost to fix the screen will go down. Does anyone know if it usually goes down? And how long it takes until it does go down?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
No, he isn't. I'm just going to live with it for now.

It's a spider crack in the top left corner of the screen. Right where the notifications pop up. I'm going to put my Dome Glass protector on it and hope it isn't very noticeable.

It's $220 at a local Samsung certified shop to replace the screen. Sucks that they manufactured this phone so that you have to take apart the entire phone to change the screen, makes it very expensive to repair.

If I can't live with it, I'll pony up the $220 to get it fixed and see if my buddy will contribute. And maybe over a couple months the cost to fix the screen will go down. Does anyone know if it usually goes down? And how long it takes until it does go down?
If you can live with it for now then cool but should you decide to get it repaired you shouldn't have to pay anything. You didn't drop the phone. Your friend should feel bad and pay for it. *Shrugs*

I've never had to get a phone screen fixed so I don't know an answer to your question. Sorry.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
khabi, which Spigen case did you have on your S9, if I may ask? I also have a Spigen case, but am open to re-thinking that if I can find a case that isn't too heavy duty yet protects my phone better.

Thanks.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust spigen cases ever since my brother cracked the screen on good s7e in a neo hybrid case. A pocket height fall onto a kitchen floor shouldn't break a screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12