03-28-2018 08:59 AM
80 123 ...
tools
    Not hating on TouchWiz in fact I give Samsung a lot of credit for the improvements.

I've been a fan of Nova Launcher for years and very rare for me to stick with OEM launchers, closes is OnePlus.

If you're sticking with TW, why? Is it simple as you can't simply bother, it's just a phone or just simply love it?
    missmotta likes this.
    03-19-2018 07:41 PM
    I don't mind Touchwiz! I think its fairly clean and definitely functional!
    ToxikBones likes this.
    03-19-2018 07:49 PM
    I have no intentions of changing launchers for a while right now. I just came from a blackberry q10 and don't have a raging hate ***** for Samsung's native skin or Bixby for that matter. With the vitriol I've seen for both I have a good feeling things are being slightly overblown given how little people like change. If there is anything that really gets me in the next few months that another launcher can solve I have no issue with changing but I'm going to give them both a fair go. Admittedly I did immediately change to gboard so that I could use the swype to type feature and have a dark skinned keyboard.

Something that sort of confirmed that feeling is that there was a recent video with a comparison of Android P features and those on the s9+. Samsung already integrated quite a few of the features before they are going to make their way to stock Android. Doesn't seem that they are ignoring customer feedback or trying to enhance the user experience.
    03-19-2018 07:53 PM
    I haven't used nova since the S8+ The stock launcher is a lot smoother and uses less ram and battery life. (not including that second app Tesla for notifications) I like that it added the landscape mode for the home screen now also. It just keeps getting better and better. And it feels good not having all those hundreds of icon packs updating every day lol
    03-19-2018 08:51 PM
    Stock.
    03-19-2018 08:55 PM
    Currently running touchwiz launcher which is fine, only thing I miss is the integrated Google page on the left of the home screen. For now I'll keep TouchWiz launcher but most likely will eventually switch to Nova.
    03-19-2018 09:29 PM
    I like Samsungs launcher myself. Just like I prefer Samsungs apps over Google's. But that's the beauty of Android. Plenty of options for everyone.
    UdiBerry and Chris Williams8 like this.
    03-19-2018 09:41 PM
    I see no value in not using stock since the 8+. Touch Wiz has evolved to being very good without bolting another UI layer on top. 9+ rocks with The Wiz.
    03-19-2018 10:19 PM
    Stock since I'm getting use to android.
    03-19-2018 10:51 PM
    Honestly I've used Nova, I've had the paid version for a few years, haven't used it since I got my Note 5. I see no reason to download it and have it run in place of Samsungs when it adds nothing I need. I don't use the gestures or most of the customization features.
    03-19-2018 10:55 PM
    se9 has been pretty good so far. I usually use nova, but I'm giving it a chance for now. even using the samsung keyboard. they added gifs. which was pretty much why I was using board. we will see how it goes. it seems that everything just ties together a bit better using the stock apps.
    missmotta likes this.
    03-19-2018 11:00 PM
    I like stock. It's smooth & doesn't lag.

Instead of installing additional apps to replace what's already on the phone, I'd rather use my space for new apps.
    missmotta likes this.
    03-19-2018 11:05 PM
    I like stock. It's smooth & doesn't lag.

Instead of installing additional apps to replace what's already on the phone, I'd rather use my space for new apps.
    I agree 100%.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-19-2018 11:23 PM
    I instantly started with Nova Launcher Prime but I'm going to give the stock launcher a go. I'll still be using Gboard and Textra so I can keep the dark themes I like there... Hopefully I'll enjoy using all the new Oreo features that my s7 didn't have with N.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    03-20-2018 01:10 AM
    If I'm using an app (or 2 in multi-window), I don't see the home screen. Why should I put effort into customizing it? Besides, I can change themes & icons if I want on the default launcher.
    03-20-2018 02:13 AM
    I'm using the stock TouchWiz.
    Coming from an iPhone, this is my first Android phone and tbh I don't really understand the benefit of Nova Launcher (or any other launcher ftm). It seems that it only affects the homescreen, amirite? Maybe I'm missing something, so please feel free to school me on that, but the stock homescreen does everything I need and it runs super fast and smooth.
    I actually like the stock keyboard better than gboard/swiftkey and the cursor control gesture is great. Only wish it had a dark theme...but that's not a big deal anyway.
    I also prefer most of the stock Samsung apps over Google's.
    Bottom line - for me this phone is really amazing right out of the box!
    ...and man I don't miss iOS.
    03-20-2018 03:20 AM
    I usually stick with the Nova Launcher. One of the things Ireally like is that Ican change the size of the home screen icons to my liking
    djrakowski likes this.
    03-20-2018 04:56 AM
    Been using stock Samsung Experience since the Note 7 and it's gotten so much better that I don't need another launcher. I keep my home screen simple with one page anyway and since Samsung now allows landscape mode on the home screen and previously enabled swipe down for notifications it's even better.
    missmotta likes this.
    03-20-2018 05:25 AM
    Stock for me also. I like to keep things simple and tweaking another launcher doesn't appeal to me.
    03-20-2018 07:11 AM
    I've used Nova Prime on my phones for the last few years. So far, on this 9plus I'm still on the stock UI and haven't found a reason to put Nova back on as of right now.
    missmotta likes this.
    03-20-2018 07:18 AM
    I'm using the stock TouchWiz.
    Coming from an iPhone, this is my first Android phone and tbh I don't really understand the benefit of Nova Launcher (or any other launcher ftm). It seems that it only affects the homescreen, amirite? Maybe I'm missing something, so please feel free to school me on that, but the stock homescreen does everything I need and it runs super fast and smooth.
    I actually like the stock keyboard better than gboard/swiftkey and the cursor control gesture is great. Only wish it had a dark theme...but that's not a big deal anyway.
    I also prefer most of the stock Samsung apps over Google's.
    Bottom line - for me this phone is really amazing right out of the box!
    ...and man I don't miss iOS.
    It's more on options. There were years ago when customization was a big rage. Alternative launchers let you change the icons, control the phone with gestures, change the grids, remove labels, etc. Basically make the phone your own. It was even possible to make the phone look like a Windows phone.

Here are some looks you could achieve with something like Nova:

You can take a look at several here

https://androidforums.com/threads/po....4425/page-385

A lot also add additional features. For example, Microsoft Launcher is able to push and sync notifications from your phone with the Win10 notification panel. Action Launcher has widget shutters. Nova has several as well that allows you to customize even the notification badges colors and other stuff like Sesame Shortcuts.
    UdiBerry likes this.
    03-20-2018 07:53 AM
    is there gestures you can use with the stock launcher?
    03-20-2018 07:54 AM
    is there gestures you can use with the stock launcher?
    Just swipe up to launch app drawer and swipe down for notification pull down.

This is Nova:
    Who's running Stock/TouchWiz? Why?-screenshot_20180320-205600.jpg
    03-20-2018 07:56 AM
    Just swipe up to launch app drawer and swipe down for notification pull down.

This is Nova:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180320-205600.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	281205
    Those are the two that are most important to me and why I've used Nova the last few years. That and I like double tap to lock.
    03-20-2018 07:58 AM
    I remember using Nova on my Nexus 4 & 5, and customizing my phone with features or actions that I wish were on stock Android. Since then I have had every Galaxy S series phone since the GS5 and slowly but surely Samsung has implemented just about every feature I customized when I used Nova & I haven't felt the need to use anything but TouchWiz/Samsung Experience UI.
    missmotta and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    03-20-2018 08:27 AM
80 123 ...