How to set up delay send of text messages on the Samsung S 9+

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Does the samsung s9+ have the delay send text messages?

hmhecht

May 11, 2018
Visit site
I came across this thread while trying to find out the answer as well.

If you're using stock SMS app, hit the + button next to the text field

From what I can see on my new and factory-unlocked SGS9+ the above method only allows scheduling an individual SMS, which can be useful.

However, my old SGS5 had a feature called "Delay Message Sending" that applied to all SMS / text messages. It gave a user-definable period of time (3, 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds) where one could cancel a message from being sent, effectively "undoing" the send if you notice something wrong.

I used that feature all the time and it saved me from many potentially embarrassing moments giving me time to fix auto-incorrect issues and even almost-misdirected texts.

I can't seem to find this feature on my SGS9+. Anyone know where it is, or can confirm it has been removed? I suspect it is no longer available, which begs the question of WHY Samsung keeps removing such useful features?!?

Thanks in advance!

5shonda2

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
I came across this thread while trying to find out the answer as well.

From what I can see on my new and factory-unlocked SGS9+ the above method only allows scheduling an individual SMS, which can be useful.

However, my old SGS5 had a feature called "Delay Message Sending" that applied to all SMS / text messages. It gave a user-definable period of time (3, 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds) where one could cancel a message from being sent, effectively "undoing" the send if you notice something wrong.

I used that feature all the time and it saved me from many potentially embarrassing moments giving me time to fix auto-incorrect issues and even almost-misdirected texts.

I can't seem to find this feature on my SGS9+. Anyone know where it is, or can confirm it has been removed? I suspect it is no longer available, which begs the question of WHY Samsung keeps removing such useful features?!?

Thanks in advance!

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S9 and I was looking for the delay send text message feature that I had on the Galaxy S5 and it doesn't seem to be here. I don't know why Samsung would take it away it's very useful. That's why I upgraded to an S9 from my old S5 so I'm very disappointed.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I suspect it is no longer available, which begs the question of WHY Samsung keeps removing such useful features?!?

If you can't find a way to do it in your messaging app (I don't have Samsung phones), look into the Handcent texting app. It's what I use, and it does have a delay send feature like you're wanting.

As for your last comment, such is the new trend of smartphones. Take away features, charge more for it, and call that progress.

5shonda2

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
Hello thanks for the recommendation I got the handcent text app this morning and it seems to do the trick with sending text messages on a delay the Max is 7 seconds. It's unfortunate that it's not a stock feature on the Galaxy S9 but I guess the app will do.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello thanks for the recommendation I got the handcent text app this morning and it seems to do the trick with sending text messages on a delay the Max is 7 seconds. It's unfortunate that it's not a stock feature on the Galaxy S9 but I guess the app will do.
I didn't realize Handcent had a max setting. I only want mine set for 5 seconds, but I thought it could go much longer. Glad it works for you either way.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
It's sad that Samsung keeps stripping features from the messaging app. I really liked delayed sending as well. I know you can do this on third party texting apps but then you can't send advanced messages (I'm with AT&T) so that pretty much bombs out any other third party messaging app. If the stock messaging app had delayed sending and the ability to set wallpapers and customize the bubbles, like it used to, I'd be completely happy with stock app. I like using advanced messaging features with my wife so we can get read receipts, see when the other is typing and send larger picture and video messages.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
It still does. Tap the plus sign at the left of the message that you're sending. You'll get a range of options, including scheduling the message (delayed send) and sending attachments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol