Phone screen remains black, when locked, for incoming calls. I don't know someone is calling until a missed call notification is received. Help!
    03-21-2018 08:28 AM
    Ahhh.....also checked on unlocked phone. No full-screen/pop-up to show who is calling ( with answer/decline), just a notification in the notification bar.

Did have the full-screen/pop-up previously.
    03-21-2018 08:29 AM
    Figured it out...if anyone else has this problem. I utilize Do Not Disturb 24/7 and set exceptions. The S9 (I upgraded from an S6) added the option "Hide Visual Notifications". I didn't see this when I originally set up the phone.
    03-21-2018 08:38 AM
    Figured it out...if anyone else has this problem. I utilize Do Not Disturb 24/7 and set exceptions. The S9 (I upgraded from an S6) added the option "Hide Visual Notifications". I didn't see this when I originally set up the phone.
    Yeah I was gonna say, it's do not disturb.
    sknole likes this.
    03-21-2018 09:32 AM
    Yeah I was gonna say, it's do not disturb.
    I have this same issue, but it doesn't seem to be do-not-disturb. I do keep that on a lot, but I tried even with it off and the screen still doesn't wake for anything. The same thing happens for alarms, I can't deal with them from the lock screen I have to unlock the phone and go to clock or get there from the notification...

I did change the default calling app to exDialer, and also changed the clock to google's clock app, but all notifications are enabled for those apps.

Any other reasons this could happen?
    05-23-2018 03:38 PM
    I have this same issue, but it doesn't seem to be do-not-disturb. I do keep that on a lot, but I tried even with it off and the screen still doesn't wake for anything. The same thing happens for alarms, I can't deal with them from the lock screen I have to unlock the phone and go to clock or get there from the notification...

I did change the default calling app to exDialer, and also changed the clock to google's clock app, but all notifications are enabled for those apps.

Any other reasons this could happen?
    I rebooted (is that the name?) the phone by pressing down the power button and the volume down button at the same time until it restarted. That seemed to do the trick for me...
    01-16-2019 01:58 AM