I just got a new Galaxy S9 and discovered that I am not getting any voicemail notifications. The voicemail works fine. I am able to access it by pressing and holding the 1 button on my dialer. I also went through all the settings in the voicemail menu, but there was no option to turn on or off notifications. I went through the settings menu on my phone and again, I could not find a notification setting for the voicemail. I went to my phone app and looked under settings and I could not find a notification there, either. Am I looking in the wrong place? Any work around that I can use to get the notifications?
    03-22-2018 08:29 AM
    Though I do not have a Samsung phone I had some issues with my own Android. Who's your phone carrier?
    03-22-2018 09:33 AM
    I am using Ting, which is a Sprint reseller. So my service should work as if it was on Sprint directly.
    03-23-2018 09:04 AM
    How ironic. I used Ting for about 2 years. Only their GSM not the CDMA that Sprint uses. I'm now with Mint Sim.

I had some issues with the IPhone on MintSim not receiving the virtual VM icon once someone left with an actual VM. My Android phone not an issue. the easy work around.

After many frustrating hours on the phone with Apple and MintSim tech support I gave up.

I even had MintSim delete my VM box and I reset it up with no luck. Factory reset the iPhone and started with a clean install still a total pain.

So, I went ahead a created a Google number. Downloaded the Google app from the store.

I went into my Google account setup the voice mail and then under settings, you have an option to forward ALL calls from your account to the Google number.

No one will ever know the difference. The nice thing is if some leaves you a VM, you will receive an email to your Google account and a text message bascially reading out the contents. I mean that it won't say it out loud but you can clearly read the message.

Search Google or you tube. There are plenty of videos etc to assist you.

Go for it. Its actually a nice feature to use on your phone.

I even went ahead setup the Android phone the same way even though I didn't need to
    03-23-2018 10:05 AM
    Thanks for the workaround idea. My husband suggested I try Youmail first. Some people on the Ting website suggested it. If that doesn't work, I'll give the Google phone a try.
    03-24-2018 09:40 PM
    I used to use VZW Premium VVM. Always got notifications. I am now running Google Voice and I have it set to handle my Verizon phone # voice mail. I am getting notifications with that just fine also, and after a week or so of testing, it seems reliable enough to cancel my Premium ($) VVM service.
    03-24-2018 09:59 PM