s9 plus chrome address bar

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I bought two S9 plus, one for me and the other for my wife. After setting mine up I noticed the Chrome address bar is located at the bottom, but my wife is at the top.

I'm not sure why mine is different. This is the first time I've seen the address bar at the bottom instead of the top. Anyone here have an explanation? Thanks.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Chrome Beta had the bottom bar for a while, which I really liked. I don't have it anymore on my S9+, but I hope they bring it back.

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I'm not using Chrome beta. I'm using the phone right out of the box an noticed Chrome's address bar at the bottom. It's a US unlocked version if it matters.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I'm not using Chrome beta. I'm using the phone right out of the box an noticed Chrome's address bar at the bottom. It's a US unlocked version if it matters.
T-Mobile variant here. Top bar on both Chrome and Chrome Beta. Yes, interesting.

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Below is a screenshot. Of the address bar at the bottom. I cleared the Chrome Data/Cache and reset the chrome flags to default and its still the same. I did the same to my wife's phone and the address bar is still at the top.

Screenshot_20180324-091746_Chrome.jpg

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Update: I decided to "disable" my Chrome. This uninstalled any updates and puts it back to factory defaults of chrome. I loaded chrome up again noticed the address bar was back on top. I downloaded the latest version from the play store and Chrome's address bar is still at the top. Now, I wonder why the address bar was at the bottom when I first set the phone up?

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Interesting, a few months ago after a chrome update mine switched from top to bottom on my S7 but when I got my S9 it was back on top so I assumed there was another update that switched it back. Wondering if I was correct or not even close...