Only media audio plays through headphones

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just switched from s7 to s9. I us headphones at work so I can hear my phone because it is load and my phone is in my pocket. But I only get media through the headphones like music but the ringer and notifications go through the phone speakers I keep missing calls how can I fix this is it a bug or is there an app I need to fix it I have never been so frustrated with a phone before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's not unusual for this to happen. The problem if the phone played a ringtone through your headphones would be if you turned the volume down on the headphones, or if you were connected to your car's Bluetooth system and had the system turned off -- then you wouldn't hear it either. Can you turn on the Vibrate with Call option on the phone? That way you'd be able to feel it ringing. Also, what kind of headphones do you have? I have an LG Tone Pro necklace-style Bluetooth headset, and the necklace part vibrates when a call comes in.

Sean Fyles-Duggan

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
I use standard wired headphones and just need the audio to transfer to the headphones when plugged in. Would switching to an older OS like 7.1 fix the issue is if only 8.0 that is broken?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, are you the OP of this thread? Just want to make sure you're talking about the same situation here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's no way to downgrade to Nougat, since the S9 ships with Oreo. I think this is just how it works on Oreo. Not sure if any 3rd party apps can help -- try SoundAbout.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar