10-17-2018 03:11 PM
55 123
tools
    It's the Samsung Always on Display app. Disable or uninstall. I haven't had ad yet since I did it
    There is no way that I can see that being the cause.
    05-13-2018 11:02 PM
    SOLVED!

I've had the same problem for several weeks.
    It was simple to get rid of, though: Go to where active apps are listed. (On my Samsung Note4 it's pressing the left button.) There you locate the actual ad that has popped up, (NOT Play Store). Press and hold the upper left corner of the ad-tab. This opens the app which causes the problem in App-control. Just delete the app and the problem is gone. (For me it was Video Maker.)

It is not a Samsung, Android or Play Store problem. It's an app. A factory reset is not necessary and will only work if you do not reinstall the bad app.

Good luck!
    05-14-2018 07:18 AM
    Every time I have to unlock my phone an ad pops up, plus there is an ad on the top of my text screen? I have a new S9, please help me!! I need to remove this before my husband sees this, he will be sooooo maddddd at me .
    Disable your [Samsung] "Always on Display" app
    05-15-2018 10:24 AM
    Disable your [Samsung] "Always on Display" app
    Since I've done it, haven't had ads pop up
    05-15-2018 10:25 AM
    There is no way that I can see that being the cause.
    Haven't had ads pop up since I disabled it
    05-15-2018 10:26 AM
    I want to thank everyone! You have saved me. All the advice helped me to figure out this hell I was going through. For me it was a Q bar reader app that gave me this headache!. I am now free. My phone is a smart phone once again and not this mobile add thing. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    CharleeB likes this.
    05-23-2018 09:10 PM
    I have a similar problem, many of the ads look like they are from google play, this is absolutely maddening, please help. How can I post some screenshots of the offending ads?
    TIA
    Dave
    Canyoner likes this.
    05-29-2018 08:03 AM
    I don't have ads BUT I'm prone to just paying for an app I like since free ones rarely stay on my phone for long. little thing I learned while on bb10. developers have to get paid somehow. if you aren't willing to spend a couple bucks to dispense with ads, then the ads pay the developer. I'd rather drop 2-5$ and have no ads and more features on apps I use alot
    glenn9643 and Ashley Roop like this.
    06-01-2018 07:58 AM
    I have been using an app called "block-this" for a couple of years and it helps tremendously with pop-ups.
    It's not in the store. Download it from block-this.com and install it. I recommend it highly.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-02-2018 12:07 PM
    I have tried everything in here, I keep deleting apps and I cant get it to stop. If I see another ad for an Airbnb I'm going to flip!
    06-04-2018 12:25 PM
    I have tried everything in here, I keep deleting apps and I cant get it to stop. If I see another ad for an Airbnb I'm going to flip!
    CharleeB likes this.
    06-04-2018 01:05 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and we found the culprit to be the "Smart Scan QR & Bar Code Scanner Free" by Sound Sleep Group. The ads stopped when we uninstalled it.
    06-06-2018 08:02 PM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and we found the culprit to be the "Smart Scan QR & Bar Code Scanner Free" by Sound Sleep Group. The ads stopped when we uninstalled it.
    06-06-2018 08:05 PM
    Had the same problem, deleted scaner app, problem stoped.
    06-07-2018 07:56 AM
    I read somewhere now, i cannot find, just wanted to give credit to the person who posted this solution. AS soon as you see the ad, click on the bottom left button, it will show all the apps that are open, now, keep pressing on the top left of the ad, it will show you the app that is causing the pop up, un-install that app, it worked for me
    forestinjersey likes this.
    06-12-2018 03:52 AM
    Hey! Just went through this myself and fixed my issue!! Hope this helps you!!! Go into Bixby, click on the 3 dots and then click settings from there, when bixby settings gets pulled up, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on Notifications and when that comes up you will see two choices about Bixby cards and then another about Bixby Benifits, turn off Bixby benefits. It should fix the issue since it was allowing other partners of Bixby to stream ads of their services to your phone. It stopped it for me! Check to make sure it's off and if it's not I can give you the device reset from Samsung themselves! Hope it helped!!
    06-12-2018 07:47 PM
    I'm having the same issue. It just started happening in the last week. We po at too much money for this foolishness how do we get rid of them? I go to pull my ubber app qn add from Lyft persists. But there are a gazillion other ads as aell.
    I was at a mtg taking notes and here came those ads!
    06-14-2018 12:59 PM
    Get pop up off phone
    06-15-2018 11:23 AM
    I had the same problem, I just got the phone yesterday after being a 10 year iPhone user, where nothing of the sort happens. After doing everything mentioned in the tips from you all I still had an ad right after the always on display, but before my lock screen. It drove me nuts for about 5 or 6 hours today. Then I decided to start deleting apps that I added today starting with the random ones I never needed before. Ringtones, text tones, and a ringtone maker. Finally, the darn ad is gone. I really want to like this phone, but I'm off to a bad start. But im also irritated with apple and their stupid limitations of things that android users can do easily.
    07-03-2018 06:06 PM
    I have been using an app called "block-this" for a couple of years and it helps tremendously with pop-ups.
    It's not in the store. Download it from block-this.com and install it. I recommend it highly.
    Thank you.. this stopped my pop ads in apps
    07-03-2018 08:26 PM
    I used Malwarebytes Security Virus Cleaner and it said a malware was detected called Android/Adware.MobiDash.NCD I'm not sure how to remove it myself please help
    you just select "remove threats" or something like that
    08-02-2018 05:40 PM
    Hello people that are haveing this problem. Take the following steps.
    1)Go through you apps and uninstall the apps that are not from trusted sources.

2)If you have installed an APK for an app uninstall it and all of it's files.

3)If there are any apps that asked for a lot of permissions that seem unnecessary uninstall those apps.

4)Run an antivirus/anti-malware program.

5)Do not install apps that put passwords on your apps specifically. These are often Ransom Ware and are very dangerous

6)Go into your app permissions setting and go to apps that are allowed to display over other apps. And remove the non system apps from this list.

7)Factory reset your phone and don't use a back up. You can use your old phone as a reference to see what apps you had and you can download those apps. Don't download sketchy apps or apps that you don't use. I also recommend using a launcher so that your layout is saved for future phones. I personally use Nova launcher and it is really great.

Hope these help and if your problem is gone you don't need to reset your phone.
    08-04-2018 06:06 PM
    use Malwarebytes. this happened to me last week & it drove me crazy. I downloaded Malwarebytes from the play store & it took out the malicious app causing the Ads
    08-04-2018 11:14 PM
    This woman came for advice with her phone. Give it a rest. She doesn't need your halfwitted comments about her husband.
    08-13-2018 09:21 AM
    i used to get ads virus on website using chrome or Samsung internet browser. it's fake Virus ads
    just use Ad blocker on Samsung internet browser.
    08-14-2018 11:07 AM
55 123