remove pop up ads from my S9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Alex Fuentes3

May 8, 2018
Visit site
I used Malwarebytes Security Virus Cleaner and it said a malware was detected called Android/Adware.MobiDash.NCD I'm not sure how to remove it myself please help

Shane Wilson

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I found the same issue and have something you can try. When an add pops up, tap home button then tap for open apps. The popup add will be under the open app that let it in. Then delete that app.

Last edited:

BjornK

May 14, 2018
Visit site
SOLVED!

I've had the same problem for several weeks.
It was simple to get rid of, though: Go to where active apps are listed. (On my Samsung Note4 it's pressing the left button.) There you locate the actual ad that has popped up, (NOT Play Store). Press and hold the upper left corner of the ad-tab. This opens the app which causes the problem in App-control. Just delete the app and the problem is gone. (For me it was Video Maker.)

It is not a Samsung, Android or Play Store problem. It's an app. A factory reset is not necessary and will only work if you do not reinstall the bad app.

Good luck!

Pris1

May 24, 2018
Visit site
I want to thank everyone! You have saved me. All the advice helped me to figure out this hell I was going through. For me it was a Q bar reader app that gave me this headache!. I am now free. My phone is a smart phone once again and not this mobile add thing. 👏👏👏👏👏👏😃

Dave CP

May 29, 2018
Visit site
I have a similar problem, many of the ads look like they are from google play, this is absolutely maddening, please help. How can I post some screenshots of the offending ads?
TIA
Dave

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't have ads BUT I'm prone to just paying for an app I like since free ones rarely stay on my phone for long. little thing I learned while on bb10. developers have to get paid somehow. if you aren't willing to spend a couple bucks to dispense with ads, then the ads pay the developer. I'd rather drop 2-5$ and have no ads and more features on apps I use alot

glenn9643

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been using an app called "block-this" for a couple of years and it helps tremendously with pop-ups.
It's not in the store. Download it from block-this.com and install it. I recommend it highly.

CharleeB

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and we found the culprit to be the "Smart Scan QR & Bar Code Scanner Free" by Sound Sleep Group. The ads stopped when we uninstalled it.

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
I read somewhere now, i cannot find, just wanted to give credit to the person who posted this solution. AS soon as you see the ad, click on the bottom left button, it will show all the apps that are open, now, keep pressing on the top left of the ad, it will show you the app that is causing the pop up, un-install that app, it worked for me

Ashley Roop

Jun 13, 2018
Visit site
Hey! Just went through this myself and fixed my issue!! Hope this helps you!!! Go into Bixby, click on the 3 dots and then click settings from there, when bixby settings gets pulled up, scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on Notifications and when that comes up you will see two choices about Bixby cards and then another about Bixby Benifits, turn off Bixby benefits. It should fix the issue since it was allowing other partners of Bixby to stream ads of their services to your phone. It stopped it for me! Check to make sure it's off and if it's not I can give you the device reset from Samsung themselves! Hope it helped!!

Donnampp

May 8, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. It just started happening in the last week. We po at too much money for this foolishness how do we get rid of them? I go to pull my ubber app qn add from Lyft persists. But there are a gazillion other ads as aell.
I was at a mtg taking notes and here came those ads!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund