remove pop up ads from my S9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Every time I have to unlock my phone an ad pops up, plus there is an ad on the top of my text screen? I have a new S9, please help me!! I need to remove this before my husband sees this, he will be sooooo maddddd at me :(.

Shinigami Mai

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
You have installed an app that is doing the add figure out which app you recently installed and uninstall it 99.9 per cent of the time this is the issue.

If it is in the notification bar you can long press the notification and find out witch one it is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've only installed one app apart from all of the apps that came with the phone? That's fairly unusual for most users. Are you certain there aren't other apps you may have installed from the Play Store or the Samsung Store?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Peel Remote used to do this kind of stuff, but I'm guessing it doesn't come preinstalled on the S9, correct?

Have any of you installed a 3rd party "phone cleaner" or "RAM booster" app? Or an antivirus app besides Malwarebytes?

ASylvie

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Dear SAMSUNG: So why are there ads popping up on the S9 and S9+? The only app thing I loaded was the MicrosoftOutlook 365 Email app, and besides having problems getting the notifications to work like i need them to for this app, now all of these ads pop up, even when i am only sending text messages and have nothing else open. I'd like to know how Ads are able to pop up like this? I just bought this thing and I'm ready to return it!

Sara Taha

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
I got the S9 Plus too, had the same exact problem and tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked until I installed Malwarebytes Security Virus Cleaner. It turned out one of my apps was displaying the ads, I uninstalled it and now it's working perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital