Hello everyone,

I have noticed a really weird glow on my S9 plus.The edges when I have the device on are leaking light. No way this is supposed to be this way.

Does anyone run into the same problem?

Sorry if my English is not correct!

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails S9 plus has a physical problem light leakage from edges-20180330_174536.jpg   S9 plus has a physical problem light leakage from edges-20180330_174717.jpg  
    03-30-2018 10:00 AM
    Return and replace
    03-30-2018 10:10 AM
    That's been an issue since the note 7, in fact I think Samsung addresses it as normal in the manual, not sure on that
    03-30-2018 10:24 AM
    Return and replace
    Yes, that is what I did. They will send to me a new phone, but I would like to know if there is anyone has the same problem?

Thank you for your reply
    03-30-2018 11:06 AM
    Yes, that is what I did. They will send to me a new phone, but I would like to know if there is anyone has the same problem?
    I checked my s9 plus and don't have that issue
    03-30-2018 11:07 AM
    That's been an issue since the note 7, in fact I think Samsung addresses it as normal in the manual, not sure on that
    Well, the leaking on the screen is strange . It is not all over the edges. You can notice the leaking stronger on some parts of the screen.

I did asked to replace the device, but since it is pre-order, I have to wait till they will deliver the new device to me.

Thank you for your reply
    03-30-2018 11:12 AM
    Oh, okay that means mine has leaking issue.

Thank you for your reply
    03-30-2018 11:15 AM
    Not on mine either. 945 version.
    03-30-2018 01:12 PM
    Well, the leaking on the screen is strange . It is not all over the edges. You can notice the leaking stronger on some parts of the screen.

I did asked to replace the device, but since it is pre-order, I have to wait till they will deliver the new device to me.

Thank you for your reply
    it's the black coating or paint in the glass of the screens edges. not really defective just bad coating.
    03-30-2018 02:50 PM
    Not on mine either. 945 version.

Well, mine was Exynos 9810

Thank you for your reply
    03-30-2018 05:07 PM
    it's the black coating or paint in the glass of the screens edges. not really defective just bad coating.
    I hope so. I will find out when I get my new device.

Thank you for your reply
    03-30-2018 05:08 PM
    They have said this but not officially. Look in the note 8 forums. Exact same issues there. I tried 6 diff note 8 and every single one had it. Diff carriers too.
    03-31-2018 11:41 AM
    They have said this but not officially. Look in the note 8 forums. Exact same issues there. I tried 6 diff note 8 and every single one had it. Diff carriers too.
    Well, I still have my S8 plus, but there is no weird, and strong glowing on some parts of the edges of my screen.
    Of course my s8 plus had normal light on the edges, but it is not strong on some spots than the other.

Thank you for reply!
    03-31-2018 01:22 PM
    I'm saying that this has been happening since note 7, and I'm fairly certain that Samsung has said it's normal back then, but I'm not sure and I'm not looking that far back.
    03-31-2018 01:45 PM
    I have this issue with my s9+.i just lined the defective part with a permanent black marker. then clean it with a cloth with a small amount of alcohol in it just to remove the visible ink quickly as possible before it dry out. Then wallah.problem fixed..

Or maybe . you can take all the hassle you have to go through for having a replacement with has 50% chance of getting a perfect peace or maybe worst. Witch i experienced while im having tje note8..your choice
    03-31-2018 01:54 PM
    Mine has the light leakage too. It's only noticeable in the dark though. The front glass is also the wrong size for the body. There is 1mm of unfinished metal showing near the corners if I look closely because the glass top isn't totally covering the device body. Build tolerances would seem lax compared to the S8+ I had before this.
    03-31-2018 02:09 PM
    I have this issue with my s9+.i just lined the defective part with a permanent black marker. then clean it with a cloth with a small amount of alcohol in it just to remove the visible ink quickly as possible before it dry out. Then wallah.problem fixed..

Or maybe . you can take all the hassle you have to go through for having a replacement with has 50% chance of getting a perfect peace or maybe worst. Witch i experienced while im having tje note8..your choice
    I chose the second option, and I am waiting to receive my new phone on Monday. Hopefully the new one won't have that issue.

Good thing I still have 14 days when I get the new device as warranty if the the new device has the same problem I can take my money back or a new device.

Thank you for your reply!
    03-31-2018 02:37 PM
    Mine has the light leakage too. It's only noticeable in the dark though. The front glass is also the wrong size for the body. There is 1mm of unfinished metal showing near the corners if I look closely because the glass top isn't totally covering the device body. Build tolerances would seem lax compared to the S8+ I had before this.
    The same issue. It is also only noticeable in the dark, but not all over the edges.

Thank you for your reply
    03-31-2018 02:44 PM
    I have a regular S9, and use the "Material black" theme. Haven't seen any light leakage around the edges...got me feeling lucky today *smile*. Or maybe it's just the S9+.
    03-31-2018 04:46 PM
    I have a regular S9, and use the "Material black" theme. Haven't seen any light leakage around the edges...got me feeling lucky today *smile*. Or maybe it's just the S9+.
    Lucky you!

My device is S9 plus Exynos 9810 - EMEA
    03-31-2018 06:49 PM
    mine also has a slight light leakage. but it's all sides and corners equally, very faint glow in the dark unlike OP which seems to have it only on the right side. this issue is mostly likely due to the fact that samsung didn't opt for plastic or rubber buffer between the glass and metal. unlike the iphone x or other modern phones. they wanted a seemless touch experience of glass on metal without the plastic part.
    brian I think I know what you are talking about, in fact I made a thread about it on another forum. on one of my corners especially the one near the headphone jack the metal doesn't look completely straight, sort of zigzaggy a bit. it isn't very noticeable under normal lighting conditions, and can be seen from a certain angle. other corners have it to but way less noticeable near the white band. my color is gray, this issue doesn't seem to be present much on the black color, only pink, blue and gray. I made a video about it if your interested to see.
    07-21-2018 12:54 AM