Hi. I just updated to a Samsung S9 from a really old Samsung.. maybe the 4 or something line that.

I purchased it at the store and the employee helped get everything over, including contacts, etc. When I got home I noticed that the messages on my phone were all from phone numbers and not names. Then I went into my contacts and saw that only the names were there, not phone numbers. Also, when I dial a number it used to have the name saved in it once I would dial. Now it just shows the number..

Does anyone have any idea on what it could be? I went into settins - apps - contacts and everything is on except location.
    04-02-2018 09:13 AM
    Hi. I just updated to a Samsung S9 from a really old Samsung.. maybe the 4 or something line that.

I purchased it at the store and the employee helped get everything over, including contacts, etc. When I got home I noticed that the messages on my phone were all from phone numbers and not names. Then I went into my contacts and saw that only the names were there, not phone numbers. Also, when I dial a number it used to have the name saved in it once I would dial. Now it just shows the number..

Does anyone have any idea on what it could be? I went into settins - apps - contacts and everything is on except location.
    Well, if your contacts just have the name and not the number, then it sounds natural to me that the phone has no name to tie back your dialed number to (or vice versa.)
    04-02-2018 09:24 AM
    I am always pessimistic/suspicious about data transfers performed by cell phone store employees.
    04-02-2018 10:05 AM
    Any idea of how to make that connection again? It is so weird that it brought over all my contacts, but when I click the contact there is no number associated with them.
    04-02-2018 10:35 AM
    yeah that is weird, if they used your old phone for the transfer then you may be out of luck if you no longer have that Device. if you do you could try using smart switch and transferring just the contacts.

I don't know if you made a back up to samsung cloud by any chance of so you could reload from a back up.
    04-02-2018 10:43 AM
    Yes, I second that. Try Smartswitch.
    04-02-2018 03:22 PM
    Any idea of how to make that connection again? It is so weird that it brought over all my contacts, but when I click the contact there is no number associated with them.
    Yeah if you still have the old phone use smart switch app from play store. You can sync the contacts to your Gmail on the old phone and once u connect to the internet it should update on the new phone.
    04-02-2018 07:36 PM