06-01-2018 02:52 AM
29 12
tools
    So how's the voice quality on your DSLR?

All this stuff, OIS, RAW, 2 lenses, was added to impress the casual "shoot everything in site and upload it to my social networking page so everyone will always know what I'm doing" crowd with a "real DSLR in a phone", not something aimed at the professional photographer to not have to carry both a phone and a camera (and a few lenses, filters, etc.) If you really need the control (and real RAW mode, which phones aren't actually doing), you're just going to have to carry the camera bag. (I'm glad I gave up all that stuff, even though I now have the space to construct a real darkroom in the house. Snapping shots with some OIS and auto-focus/exposure is enough for me now.)
    But how can you say they aren't really capturing actual RAW files? When you shoot in jpeg+RAW you do get two photos with different sizes in the gallery. What am I missing here?
    04-06-2018 02:02 PM
    Also the Pro mode doesn’t allow tint adjustments to the WB, only K temp., which means (without the use of a 3rd party camera app and I didn’t check any of them for that) you can’t shoot UniWB and TCL raw captures. Really limits the phone.
    Considering I've never heard of uniWB and TCL before (even in the photography group I'm in on Facebook), and my DSLR doesn't have such settings either, I'm going to guess that those are high end functions that only only advanced photographers bother with and the number of people wanting it on a phone is miniscule.
    04-08-2018 09:14 AM
    But how can you say they aren't really capturing actual RAW files? When you shoot in jpeg+RAW you do get two photos with different sizes in the gallery. What am I missing here?
    They are raw captures.
    04-08-2018 09:33 PM
    So when using the optical zoom lens you cannot save in .dng format? Is there a third party app that will do this?
    06-01-2018 02:52 AM
29 12