SG9 Ringtone continues during call

MDB88

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
My phone rings. The ringtone rings if the volume is up or vibrates if it's on silent.

I pick it up via my Bluetooth headset. - (Plantronics Voyager 3200) or normally.
The ring tone continues on my side of the call. The other person can't hear it.
I can hear the other person and the call continues with the ringtone playing on repeat. The ringtone plays over their voice but I can hear both.

Once I hang up the ringtone then plays out the phones speaker on repeat and doesn't stop until I power down the phone.

This all seems to happen randomly. It's not every call it happens just some. It was on silent and I picked up then the ringtone played during the call.

Any ideas?

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
[language removed by mod] Mine just did this. I don't have a bluetooth headset and never have. Just on a normal phone call I made, through the entire conversation there was a dial ring in the back ground. I'm really hating this buggy POS phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen to me too once since I got the phone...one of the standard ringtones on the phone. After I finished the call the ringtone continued to play through the Plantronics headset...I had to restart the phone to get it to stop.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Have either of you noticed if these calls were made with wifi calling on in a wifi zone? I haven’t made a lot of calls on my phone yet, cause I’m old and not very popular lol, but I’ve recently enabled wifi calling and this call I made was on wifi. Interesting though that both of you are using headsets and mine was straight up phone call. Funny thing was, while it was initially ringing I heard two distinct and separate ring sounds. One of them stopped when the person I called answered, the other kept going through the whole conversation.

Two things I need most in a phone are, well, a phone since I don’t have a home phone. And a great camera for my toddler. Both of which are not only sub par on this phone, they are both horrible and not even functional if I hear an unanswered call ring through a whole conversation in calls. [language removed by mod] you samsung. $1000 useless brick.

Last edited:

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had this happen to me too once since I got the phone...one of the standard ringtones on the phone. After I finished the call the ringtone continued to play through the Plantronics headset...I had to restart the phone to get it to stop.

Now that I re-read your post I think you and I are talking about something different. When I place a call and you hear it ringing on the other end, I was hearing two different rings, when the other party answered only one of the ringing sounds stopped.

Since you specified it was a standard stock ringtone I assume you had an incoming call that kept ringing? Either way, Samsung has some problems with their call has been answered coding.

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had this happen if my Plantronics headset is off and I turn it on before answering the call. If I answer then turn the headset on it doesn't happen. It is super annoying though and yes the only fix I have found is to restart the phone. So far though that is the only bug I have had.

Mikael Vang

May 22, 2018
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my Plantronics Voyager Legend, and it happens every other call it seems. Restarting the phone and then calling the person back is the only way I've found to stop it. Would really appreciate a solution.

GoTo Guru

May 23, 2018
Visit site
Same problem with my 4-day-old S9.

Plantronics said problem started with switch from S Voice to Bixby Voice.

Verizon to contact Samsung for a solution.

Seems phone isn't receiving/acknowledging Bluetooth off-hook notification.

Same headset worked fine with old Droid Mini.

Last edited:

GoTo Guru

May 23, 2018
Visit site
This seems to work on S9:
Settings / Connections / Bluetooth / More (3 dots, upper right), set "Phone ringtone sync" to "OFF". Figured this out myself.

alexa_1111

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
No, it does not work. I have had this problem since I got my phone in May 2018.. They recently swapped out my phone because they "thought" it was an app that I was using (but didn't know which one) So they made me delete my apps and gave me a new phone, with a new sim card... and PROBLEM PERSISTS!! The phone is a P.O.S and Samsung REFUSES to acknowledge! Sick of them!! going to iPhone next! -never had an iPhone before, but I will now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad