S9 Notification Badges and other issues

urbantea

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The notification badges dont work. Ive turned them ON, so I can know how many notifications are on each app. Facebook (5), What'sapp (13) , etc but none of the badges work at all. I only get something in the notification panel at the top.

ALSO, my what'sapp notifications are all messed up.
I turn notifications ON BUT I turn off the pop ups, previews etc and , the damn popups n previews keep coming. AND sometimes I double check my what'sapp notification settings and some android ghost has changed my settings back to ON, etc. WTF

I'm gueessing samsung knows of these issues and is working on it for the next update??

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The notification badges dont work. Ive turned them ON, so I can know how many notifications are on each app. Facebook (5), What'sapp (13) , etc but none of the badges work at all. I only get something in the notification panel at the top.

I turn notifications ON BUT I turn off the pop ups, previews etc and , the damn popups n previews keep coming. AND sometimes I double check my what'sapp notification settings and some android ghost has changed my settings back to ON, etc. WTF

I'm gueessing samsung knows of these issues and is working on it for the next update??

Yeah, looks like Samsung needs to fix this as this is also the case with the Note 8 Oreo update.

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Not sure about the badges because I use nova to control that, but WhatsApp I can help. Got to phone settings, notifications, WhatsApp. When you get to pop ups, it's not just a toggle switch, you can go further into the notification. As you do you'll see that there is more settings. I turned this off in that sub category, not just the toggle switch. Ever time I turned it off by just the switch, it wouldn't stay off and it was driving me crazy

Agelessqiqi

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I had the same issue even though every related settings were turned on. Was frustrating until I found I installed an app called "hi security " from Google Play store which manages the notifications. After turning on the "notification" in this app, I found all of the badges are showing up, like the no. of missed call and unread messages on both home screen and app. Happy now!

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully this gets fixed. I dont really consider downloading another app to get this functionality to be a "fix".

Jay Lamps

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and it’s driving me mad.... I turn off all pop ups on WhatsApp on the notifications section on the phone and also on the WhatsApp App and as I soon as I receive a WhatsApp message it pops up and reverts back to pop up notification settings ...!
Is this a WhatsApp problem or Samsung problem ?....

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Is this an Oreo issue, or a Samsung issue? Does anyone know if other android phones are having these same problems with notifications?

JW_SC

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
After the most recent samsung update to Messages (txt); it now shows icon indicator of 5 or 6; even if there's 1 new message.

I took 2 1/2 years off from Android - and totally forgot about this silly stuff that they can't get right. I'm frustrated with soooo many basic functions that are broken.

Knuppen

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
Had the same problem on my S9+. The solution for me was to delete the apps that didnt show notification badges from my home screen and add them back from apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome