10-14-2018 10:32 PM
31 12
tools
    I tried to delete the Facebook app from my S9+, but that option doesn't exist. I don't have now and never have had a Facebook account. Is it Samsung, Google, or AT&T that locked it?
    04-07-2018 04:21 PM
    If I had to guess, I'd say AT&T. Could just as well be Samsung though. I doubt it's Google.
    04-07-2018 04:26 PM
    Its baked into the operating system by Samsung, the only option is to disable the app. Which just makes it disappear, that way you don't have to look at it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    04-07-2018 04:29 PM
    Because Facebook paid the necessary money
    103Softail likes this.
    04-07-2018 04:29 PM
    it's on my unlock phone. so it's a Samsung thing. I was wondering the same thing as well as there was not an uninstall option. I just disabled it and use Facebook lite.
    04-07-2018 04:59 PM
    I just did the same thing last week. It would be nice to be able to delete it. I've never been much of a Facebook fan.
    tadpoles and 103Softail like this.
    04-07-2018 05:07 PM
    I deleted the app in my T-Mobile version. No issues.
    04-07-2018 05:17 PM
    I deleted the app in my T-Mobile version. No issues.
    Same here.
    Haven't used Facebook for a couple years now.
    It's absolute trash.
    ABOSWORTH007 and 103Softail like this.
    04-07-2018 06:23 PM
    I think most phones try to shove Facebook down your throat. Lg phones are only able to disable it also.
    04-08-2018 07:35 AM
    I think most phones try to shove Facebook down your throat. Lg phones are only able to disable it also.
    Not sure who is responsible. Maybe the carrier? I can uninstall mine on my VZW Note 8 with Oreo.
    04-08-2018 09:55 AM
    Don't take Me wrong. But preinstalled apps like Facebook
    Amazon-Instagram-Google & MSoft group icons,.etc. if we
    can't uninstalling, better ignore them if we don't used
    04-09-2018 12:08 AM
    It's probably a Samsung thing, most likely paid for by Facebook.
    04-09-2018 11:08 AM
    It's probably a Samsung thing, most likely paid for by Facebook.
    It’s probably for the unlocked version here in the US because you can delete the app completely from your S9 if you have Verizon or T-Mobile version.
    04-09-2018 12:11 PM
    mine is AT&T and I can only disable it.
    04-09-2018 03:15 PM
    Same deal with MS Onedrive and other apps, also as mentioned depends on how your carrier has modded their firmware.
    04-13-2018 08:22 AM
    T-Mobile here and as others have said I was able to delete the app from my phone, thankfully!
    jneusch likes this.
    04-13-2018 09:59 AM
    It’s probably for the unlocked version here in the US because you can delete the app completely from your S9 if you have Verizon or T-Mobile version.
    Yes - this appears to be a problem limited to the unlocked versions. We can't remove/uninstall the app AND even when you disable both the app and the app manager - IT STILL UPDATES!

This is a garbage move by Samsung. I've never owned an iPhone until today but Facebook has a perverse mentality and I won't be supporting their business model if I can help it.

Someone tell Samsung to stop with this practice. They have healthy financials so to have Facebook subsidize their costs with intrusive methods is disgusting. Goodbye S9, your fingerprint reader/monitor was cool.
    04-25-2018 12:28 PM
    Yes - this appears to be a problem limited to the unlocked versions. We can't remove/uninstall the app AND even when you disable both the app and the app manager - IT STILL UPDATES!

This is a garbage move by Samsung. I've never owned an iPhone until today but Facebook has a perverse mentality and I won't be supporting their business model if I can help it.

Someone tell Samsung to stop with this practice. They have healthy financials so to have Facebook subsidize their costs with intrusive methods is disgusting. Goodbye S9, your fingerprint reader/monitor was cool.
    But it's still disabled and hidden from your app drawer. What's the issue.
    04-25-2018 07:33 PM
    Yeah, I wish it was deletable too but at least it can be disabled. Yuck.
    04-25-2018 07:39 PM
    I wrote to Samsung helpdesk complaining about the app, that I didn't trust Facebook, and asking why they can't give their customers the option of removing the FB app. I pointed out that this reflects on my view of Samsung and their concern for their customers security. Of course got back a bs answer that didn't answer my actual questions, doesn't contain a ticket number and doesn't allow for any further dialog unless I want to start all over again with a chat/mail to someone who won't be able to actually answer my question - replies to this address just bounce back. Samsung might only act if they get enough blowback through social media. Otherwise they're going to keep pushing crap like Bixby and unwanted apps from their business partners.

"Let us hope that this option to remove/disable the Facebook application should be available with future software updates"

Sounds like even Samsung just has to hope that their engineers provide them with things their customers are asking for...

Oh, and this may be paranoia, but I don't trust that just because the FB app is disabled that it isn't tracking and reporting data back to FB. They run files on non-FB customers, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they track Samsung customers even if their app is disabled...

why I can't delete Facebook?-samsung-bs.jpg
    monicakm likes this.
    05-03-2018 10:25 AM
    I wrote to Samsung helpdesk complaining about the app, that I didn't trust Facebook, and asking why they can't give their customers the option of removing the FB app. I pointed out that this reflects on my view of Samsung and their concern for their customers security. Of course got back a bs answer that didn't answer my actual questions, doesn't contain a ticket number and doesn't allow for any further dialog unless I want to start all over again with a chat/mail to someone who won't be able to actually answer my question - replies to this address just bounce back. Samsung might only act if they get enough blowback through social media. Otherwise they're going to keep pushing crap like Bixby and unwanted apps from their business partners.

"Let us hope that this option to remove/disable the Facebook application should be available with future software updates"

Sounds like even Samsung just has to hope that their engineers provide them with things their customers are asking for...

Oh, and this may be paranoia, but I don't trust that just because the FB app is disabled that it isn't tracking and reporting data back to FB. They run files on non-FB customers, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they track Samsung customers even if their app is disabled...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsung BS.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	283688
    Agree 1000% with everything you just said.
    05-08-2018 12:18 AM
    I don't have it on my Verizon S9+ so it either didn't come with it (my husband's Pixel 2XL didn't) or I uninstalled it. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of apps I could uninstall on this phone. I didn't know this many people existed that didn't like FB! I've never had an account and never will.
    tadpoles likes this.
    05-08-2018 12:41 AM
    You can't delete it but you can hide it so that it doesn't show. Go to Home screen settings and then hide apps. You can choose whatever apps you want to hide.
    05-24-2018 05:29 PM
    It's not up to Samsung.
    It's up to your carrier.
    I have T-mobile and they allow it to be removed.
    05-25-2018 01:21 AM
    Don't take Me wrong. But preinstalled apps like Facebook
    Amazon-Instagram-Google & MSoft group icons,.etc. if we
    can't uninstalling, better ignore them if we don't used
    But it takes sooo much of my battery and spaceee
    07-02-2018 10:05 AM
31 12