I don't have much to secure besides a few pay sensitive apps I'd like to use my bio-metrics for...or login and password auto-fill on the Samsung Internet app saved to bio-metrics (didn't work on Chrome). It was brilliant! You could store your passwords with a fingerprint or iris so you don't have to remember passwords, it was super fast, and if someone picks up your phone, auto-fill doesn't work without security. Bottom line is, I'd know if my phone was lost or stolen within 5 min. I hop online and its tracked, locked, or erased. I just need to stop the thieves from accessing sensitive stuff for a few minutes.
    04-07-2018 10:13 PM
    It worked on the S7 and the S8+. When you removed the lock screen security (swipe), it made you set a password (pin or pattern not allowed) to store the bio-metrics. When you remove the lock screen security back to swipe on the S9, a message pops up that says it has to be removed but can be added in apps like Samsung Pay or Samsung Pass. That makes me assume it can do it. When I try adding it in Samsung Pass, it forces me to set lock screen security which brings us back to the beginning (loop).
    04-07-2018 10:19 PM
    It worked on the S7 and the S8+. When you removed the lock screen security (swipe), it made you set a password (pin or pattern not allowed) to store the bio-metrics. When you remove the lock screen security back to swipe on the S9, a message pops up that says it has to be removed but can be added in apps like Samsung Pay or Samsung Pass. That makes me assume it can do it. When I try adding it in Samsung Pass, it forces me to set lock screen security which brings us back to the beginning (loop).
    That's a shame. I use my Note 8 the same way you do. I register biometrics, leave my phone "unsecure" swipe to open, and use biometrics on a per-app basis.
    04-07-2018 10:36 PM
    That's a shame. I use my Note 8 the same way you do. I register biometrics, leave my phone "unsecure" swipe to open, and use biometrics on a per-app basis.
    I can no longer do this on my Note 8. Is it just me?
    04-12-2018 08:26 PM
    I can no longer do this on my Note 8. Is it just me?
    Yes, I can.
    04-12-2018 08:54 PM
    I'm adding a fingerprint, then changing lock screen back to swipe(no security). After swapping it back to swipe Samsung internet and my banking apps need a fingerprint added. What am I doing wrong? Is it a specific setting? I also have the latest updates.Would that be the issue?
    04-12-2018 09:00 PM