latest messages update, now no themes

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
noticed the messages app updated itself overnight and now my messages theme is gone. it's back to white background/light blue bubbles/white text.
I tried reapplying themes but none will stick. I need a dark theme(high contrast) due to my vision impairment.
anyone else get the update and are no longer able to change/select a theme?
guess i'll be looking for a new message app. Samsung is REALLY making it hard to stick with them. first update breaks notifications/badges. and now this.
should I try a hard reset?

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
the only way I got around it was to uninstall the update then reapply the my dark theme. guess it'll work for now, 'til the update is downloadeded/installed again. ugh.

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I thought the same thing, but that wasn't the case for me. After the update I re-applied my theme to try and get it back, but it didn't work. Oddly enough the drop-down menu was themed, but the application was not.

I uninstalled the update and re-applied my theme again. It was STILL not being themed.

What I did next, was apply a different theme - an older one I was experimenting with. The theme applied. I then applied my current theme and everything looked normal.

What it seems like to me is that the theme I'm currently using actually doesn't theme the messages app, but one I tried before it did. So when I applied the current theme it left the messages app alone, leaving the "older" theme on it.

It just so happens that both themes I was using were dark themes, so I didn't realize the one I stuck with didn't actually theme the app.

Long story short, try applying a different theme first.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
You just have to apply a different theme then reapply the one you had to get the messages themed again. That worked for me.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yea i had the same after the messages update, but i just needed to reapply my current theme. It happened with the phone/contacts screen too. Probably an oversight on samsung's part.

Currently using Black Onix its a decent dark theme.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary