Never owned a Samsung phone and I'm considering getting the S9+. While watching and read several reviews on the S9+, specifically the camera, all of the reviews seem to indicate that the camera on the S9+ is great. A lot of those reviews mention that the S9 sometimes produces soft images which I believe could be fixed with software updates. My question is, does Samsung release updates that improve the camera? Are they in the habit of doing so? For example, improving the dynamic range, better noise reduction, etc. Maybe even some improvements to the camera app itself.
    04-11-2018 01:50 PM
    They release many component updates, some via their own, Samsung app store- I have it set to auto update like Google Play, but I've also explored & not only do they update the camera app itself, but there's a bunch of replacement camera apps to try on both stores, plus tons of filters in the Samsung Galaxy Store for the default front cameras' app. Hopefully that will be of some use to you in making your decision.
    04-11-2018 03:20 PM
    I would say, yes, because today my camera icon was missing from my [Nova Launcher] home screen, and what that means is that the app itself has been significantly changed (the icon didn't "link back" to the reference app anymore). In my app drawer, however, the camera app was still there. So something about the Samsung camera app changed last night, but I can't tell you exactly what or how
    04-11-2018 04:05 PM
    considering the difference in camera performance as seen by using the pixel2 mod apk there's much hope for the stock camera improving with a software upgrade.

I am jealous of those with the exynos processor as they're the only ones who can use that apk.
    04-11-2018 06:13 PM
    considering the difference in camera performance as seen by using the pixel2 mod apk there's much hope for the stock camera improving with a software upgrade.

I am jealous of those with the exynos processor as they're the only ones who can use that apk.
    But they are also the one's that have crappy battery life
    04-11-2018 07:31 PM
    But they are also the one's that have crappy battery life
    Wrong...I have exynos processor here in Indian and have 2 days battery life... I have 128gb variant
    04-11-2018 07:41 PM
    Wrong...I have exynos processor here in Indian and have 2 days battery life... I have 128gb variant
    I'm going by the reports that have stated the the exynos processor has bad battery life

https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...life-galaxy-s9
    04-11-2018 07:54 PM
    2 days? call Guiness Book of Records. I've to plug it in every night...
    04-12-2018 07:02 AM