Soft (overly noise reduced photos) on s9 plus

kazino21

Apr 13, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,
Just upgraded from an iphone 7 plus to the samsung s9 plus.
I just compared the pictures and the samsung is overly noise reducing the image I am assuming and the detail is just not there compared to the 7 plus, I am wondering if there is an option to reduce the noise reduction.
I have tried in auto mode, pro mode with 1.5 & 2.4 aperture, can't seem to get detail in the images.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No way to turn down the noise reduction (and detail smearing) except to shoot in raw and post process the raw file yourself.

ManuelH

Jul 8, 2018
Visit site
The camera has issues with the noise reduction in the brightest light. ISO 50 and 1/1900s and the camera post processes grass into spaghetti worms.

This isn't an issue with low light, the lens or the sensor. The post-processing is ****ed up (harsh words, but it isn't slightly overdone, it is waaay overdone). Yes, RAW isn't affected but it's a PITA having to post-process each photo as RAW afterwards.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The softening is pretty bad for me when taking photos indoors in normal /mid to low light. Also the colours aren't very accurate at low light. Probably just stick with my 2XL. As it holds detail and is pretty spot on with most colours and noise isn't that bad unless going deep into peeping. I dunno..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol