Hi all, had my s9 a few weeks now, previously s7, s5 & s3.
    A few little niggles now getting on my nerves a bit.
    When i receive standard sms messages, the icon count on the screen always shows +1, so if i received one new message, the icon shows 2, however there is only one new message, once read, it clears. If i have 2 new messages, the icon will show 3 etc

Predictive text will not work, have tried out some online suggestions, re load english language etc, predictive text is enabled. Have installed SwiftKey and predictive works fine but not overly keen on the keyboard.

Notifactions in facebook messenger do not work, unless i open up messenger, i have no clue of anything received in messenger, notifications are enabled for messenger.

And last of all, us there a way to record video in slow mo selcted manually rarther than waiting for action to appear in the square on the screen?

Thanks in advance
    04-14-2018 06:30 AM
    I can't answer your slo mo question but SwiftKey would be my recommendation to predictive text. You'll get used to it. The autocorrect is excellent. My only issue with SwiftKey is sometimes trying to enter web and email addresses. Nova Launcher prime would solve your notification problem.
    scottbeamer likes this.
    04-14-2018 06:43 AM
    Yes to Nova Prime. Notification badges work perfectly. As for your your texts, are you absolutely sure there's not one in there that is unread because that's what it sounds like. I get the correct number badge in messages.
    04-14-2018 06:57 AM
    If there was a unread message, then the icon count would be at 1 the rest of the time. When the count is at 2 (when i have only one new) after the new message is read,message count has gone, ie zero
    04-14-2018 07:08 AM
    If there was a unread message, then the icon count would be at 1 the rest of the time. When the count is at 2 (when i have only one new) after the new message is read,message count has gone, ie zero
    Yea, that's weird. Try Nova. I wonder if that might solve that problem. Badges are flawless with Nova.
    04-14-2018 07:20 AM
    04-14-2018 07:32 AM
    To add further insult my sound an vibrate for message notifications has gone, dispite everything being set as normal, nothing is blocked or muted.
    Not too happy about having to use 3rd party apps to correct problems with the phone
    04-14-2018 08:10 AM
    For the slow mo question there is a button next to the record button that says auto - click it and it will switch to manual. It's harder to operate manually imo

As for the other points Idk, I haven't had that issue with messages - works normally... I don't use predictive text or Facebook.
    04-14-2018 09:15 AM
    For the slow mo question there is a button next to the record button that says auto - click it and it will switch to manual. It's harder to operate manually imo

As for the other points Idk, I haven't had that issue with messages - works normally... I don't use predictive text or Facebook.
    Remember, regarding manual super slo mo, that the actual recording time is only 0.2 seconds so it’s very hard to grab any action manually. That’s 1/5 of a second recording time.
    KP8819 likes this.
    04-14-2018 09:37 AM
    Managed to part solve it, loss of message notifications coincided with swift key install.
    Found some sound settings , quiet well burried,that had messages set as low importance/ no sound, on a menu where it's not obvious that the area of screen can be selected as a button to change.
    Anyway did that, took swiftkey off as didn't like it , and predictive text has some how been retained dispite swiftkey no longer installed

Just messenger notifications to sort now, which appears to be a more common issue
    04-14-2018 11:16 AM
    Just messenger notifications to sort now, which appears to be a more common issue
    That one is a mystery. I can't understand why some people have that issue, and not the rest of us, but a good number of people have reported it. I don't recall seeing a solution that did not involve installing a 3rd party app.
    04-14-2018 11:35 AM