Just got the S9+ and had the Motorola X Pure prior to this, love the device! The speed of the phone is absolutely incredible, everything is just seamless theres no lag whatsoever between opening apps or switching between apps.

That said I do have a couple of things I miss from my previous phone:

Caller ID picture. I was use to a full contact picture when someone called me, but Samsung has this small circle photo and it just doesn't seem to fit for a phone this size. Anyone know how I can get the caller ID picture to fill up the phone? I remember when I had the S4 and the pic use to fill up half the phone, that would work as well.
    04-14-2018 04:16 PM
    it's unchangeable from the dialer app.
    04-14-2018 05:41 PM
    Just got the S9+ and had the Motorola X Pure prior to this, love the device! The speed of the phone is absolutely incredible, everything is just seamless theres no lag whatsoever between opening apps or switching between apps.

That said I do have a couple of things I miss from my previous phone:

Caller ID picture. I was use to a full contact picture when someone called me, but Samsung has this small circle photo and it just doesn't seem to fit for a phone this size. Anyone know how I can get the caller ID picture to fill up the phone? I remember when I had the S4 and the pic use to fill up half the phone, that would work as well.
    Sadly, that's something you will have to live with. I missed that a lot when first switching to Samsung from Windows Phone.
    04-14-2018 06:21 PM
    really? there isn't an alternative at all? dang that stinks
    04-15-2018 08:44 PM
    really? there isn't an alternative at all? dang that stinks
    There might be alternate dialers out there, but I figured a central app with such a deep-level of integration into the OS would be very hard to replace completely (and cleanly) so I didn't really bother.
    04-15-2018 11:52 PM
    Unfortunately, I think that is a sustem UI setting that cannot be changed. I know what you mean - my Honor 8 would have the entire contact picture fill the screen; but my Pixel 2 does not. Maybe one day they'll give us options on setting up caller ID!
    04-16-2018 06:44 AM
    you can download a new dialer app and set it as default. psa: I'm not sure if the dealer will change the phone call screen as I haven't tried it.
    04-16-2018 11:08 AM
    Looks like downloading a new dialer app won't change anything. I have downloaded apps just to change the size of the caller ID picture and I am on the right track atleast but for some reason the pics aren't shown properly when the call appears on my phone. For example the pic will come up in a full size mode but half the face is cut off, appears to be a cropping issue with the couple of apps I've tested.
    04-16-2018 12:05 PM
    So close but yet so far finally found an app (Full Screen Caller ID - BIG!) that will allow me to recrop a pic and set it as the caller ID. I get the full size ID and it looks pretty good but the problem is after 3-4 seconds the screen reverts back to the Samsung Galaxy screen.
    04-16-2018 02:40 PM
    Glad you found something, that's definitely a tough one of its switching back. probably something the developer would have to address because it may be a limitation because of samsung
    04-16-2018 02:50 PM
    With most phones having at least full HD screen resolution (and several better than that), it's an absolute disgrace we can't have a bigger caller ID photo. I don't like the idea of it taking up the full screen, but a circular caller ID photo with a 2" diameter would suit me just fine.
    08-13-2018 12:29 PM
    There might be alternate dialers out there, but I figured a central app with such a deep-level of integration into the OS would be very hard to replace completely (and cleanly) so I didn't really bother.
    Happened to my phone too after one-ui updated. before it was ok , top half portion full contact picture, now it sucks little circle I can't tell it's my wife call or my mistress?
    03-17-2019 12:55 AM
    Happened to my phone too after one-ui updated. before it was ok , top half portion full contact picture, now it sucks little circle I can't tell it's my wife call or my mistress?
    Jack... Seriously... LMAO!
    03-17-2019 04:22 PM