I just bought s9plus 2 days ago and I am already facing battery draining issues. I had it charged 100% and the battery was down to 5% in 8 hours of normal usage. Battery drains 1% after every 2-3 minutes. I am really worried that maybe my mobile is defected piece. The model is exynos one.
    04-17-2018 01:13 AM
    2 days is not long enough to gauge battery usage. It needs to learn your habits/apps and usage. Put it through at least 4-5 full charge cycles.

If it doesn't improve (it will) then get a decent battery app like GSAM or better batt stats to see if there's any apps keeping the phone awake/using CPU.

My s9+ exynos uses less than 1% batt/hour when its idle. Week 1 it was also similar to yours, well not quite as bad
    04-17-2018 05:08 AM
    I agree. it needs to settle in. it took mine about 2.5 weeks till I noticed that the battery was actually descent. not like some who got over a days worth, buy now I'm getting about 4 hours SOT and I can use my phone without having to charge it from morning till bedtime.

give it time. it's hard I know.
    04-17-2018 11:28 AM
    Alright I hope it will get better!
    04-17-2018 11:56 AM
    What?? 4 hours Sot? I got 6 hours sot in my last cycle. I use the mobile a lot. 8 hours total usage 6 hours sot.
    04-17-2018 11:57 AM
    Make sure you are not running that antutu benchmark app for hours too

Good batt usage for this phone would be i'd say around 29hrs uptime and 6hrs+ SOT.

With light / medium usage 48hrs or more of uptime is possible, with less SOT obviously. I've done 41 hours and 4 hours SOT. Usually get 6+hrs SOT with 29hrs uptime.

Don't forget when that big ole screen is active its gonna drain the battery, there is not a lot you can do about that.

But i have seen people getting 9-10hrs SOT because they've spent most of their time reading ebooks/utube, which sip battery.

So of course its all dependent on what apps you are using, screen brightness/resolution and cell reception in your area. Those are the 3 biggest factors. And of course how you have your phone configured, you can make some decent savings on batt life there too. (Removing bloatware/apps you don't use) limiting location/syncing services etc.
    04-17-2018 12:03 PM
    What?? 4 hours Sot? I got 6 hours sot in my last cycle. I use the mobile a lot. 8 hours total usage 6 hours sot.
    If you are getting 6 hours screen on time that's pretty good imo especially if your brightness is above 25%
    04-17-2018 01:00 PM
    If you are getting 6 hours screen on time that's pretty good imo especially if your brightness is above 25%
    Yep, but his uptime isn't too good, but thats probably because hes only had it 2 days.
    04-17-2018 01:12 PM
    Yeah but uptime means nothing when you're constantly using the phone
    04-17-2018 01:17 PM
    eh? it does if u can get decent uptime combined with decent SOT. So anything over 24hrs uptime n 6hrs SOT is bloody decent for a phone with a screen this size imo.
    04-17-2018 02:35 PM
    I can only dream that I get 6 hours SOT. Dont think it will happen with a Samsung device though.
    04-17-2018 08:19 PM
    I can only dream that I get 6 hours SOT. Dont think it will happen with a Samsung device though.
    You don't need to dream its very much possible, i regularly get 6hrs SOT, you just need to configure your phone properly and remove bloatware with something like BK disabler.
    04-18-2018 05:33 AM
    I just bought s9plus 2 days ago and I am already facing battery draining issues. I had it charged 100% and the battery was down to 5% in 8 hours of normal usage. Battery drains 1% after every 2-3 minutes. I am really worried that maybe my mobile is defected piece. The model is exynos one.
    Because Samsungs batteries and optimization still suck. My only complaint.
    04-18-2018 02:46 PM
    Not sure how many may have heard of this crazy "hippy" guy who created a battery app for Google Play...it is called "AccuBattery" I was curious & downloaded it despite what so many Tech Pages say about this type of app, yet this isn't your typical boost or anything like that. This guy actually DOES NOT want any battery to charge to 100% & he says he can show you how to make it last longer by not.
    None of you know me from the last electrical outlet you plugged into I know. Nor do I in any way benefit from talking this guy or his app up. Just happened to catch the title for this particular Chat & thought it might benefit a few. I was skeptical at 1st & yet my Galaxy A5 (2017) is actually doing better following this app & the "lessons" within! No idea how yet am charging maybe 1-2 in a 14-16 work day
    Why is my battery draining soo fast-screenshot_20180418-224309.jpg
    04-18-2018 11:53 PM
    So maybe you've solved your battery problem by now, but here's what I did after first getting my S9+. Screen brightness at 20-25% unless I really need it up. Turned off Auto Brightness. I also went through every app's info and turned off Allow Background Activity for battery usage unless it was for something critical like email and texts. I also disabled/deleted any bloatware that I could. For me this also included Bixby. This is my first Galaxy, and improving battery has been ongoing. Definitely check Device Maintenance a couple of times a day to see what is chewing in the background. Good luck!
    04-19-2018 04:17 PM
    i go to bed with a fully charged phone. wake up about 7 hours later and the battery is down to 53%. so far i've only installed 3 banking and 2 airline apps, and added 4 e-mail accounts. that's it. the phone is connected to wifi.
    04-19-2018 07:48 PM
    i go to bed with a fully charged phone. wake up about 7 hours later and the battery is down to 53%. so far i've only installed 3 banking and 2 airline apps, and added 4 e-mail accounts. that's it. the phone is connected to wifi.
    There's something very wrong there, it shouldn't use that much at all. i would check what apps are keeping it awake. Might be those airline apps. You need a decent battery monitoring tool like GSAM.
    04-20-2018 06:01 AM
    eh? it does if u can get decent uptime combined with decent SOT. So anything over 24hrs uptime n 6hrs SOT is bloody decent for a phone with a screen this size imo.
    Yes absolutely and that's about normal I'd say but if you wake up and sit on your phone the first 6 hours then of course it's not going to last 24 hours
    He had 6 hours SOT in 8 hours that's basically not putting your phone down...
    04-20-2018 01:15 PM
    If that's all that's installed might as well do a reset and start fresh
    04-20-2018 01:17 PM
    Yes absolutely and that's about normal I'd say but if you wake up and sit on your phone the first 6 hours then of course it's not going to last 24 hours
    He had 6 hours SOT in 8 hours that's basically not putting your phone down...
    Meh pendant. Yea well i've had 29hrs uptime with 6hrs+ SOT quite regularly, sure i wasn't using the screen constantly for those 6hours, but its still 6hrs in total regardless isn't it
    04-20-2018 01:59 PM
    Meh pendant. Yea well i've had 29hrs uptime with 6hrs+ SOT quite regularly, sure i wasn't using the screen constantly for those 6hours, but its still 6hrs in total regardless isn't it
    Yes I know I've had similar... All I'm saying is most people spread their usage over that time but obviously he did not.

Take any phone in existence and play a game for hours straight and your phone will be dead in no time... His usage is just irregular
    bIOforger likes this.
    04-20-2018 07:01 PM
    yeh fair enough, ah the ole watch utube vids for hours to boost that SOT
    04-20-2018 07:08 PM
    yeh fair enough, ah the ole watch utube vids for hours to boost that SOT
    That's my daily usage... I have it playing nearly the whole day at work. I literally watch/listen to YouTube at least 6 hours a day
    04-20-2018 07:57 PM
    That's my daily usage... I have it playing nearly the whole day at work. I literally watch/listen to YouTube at least 6 hours a day
    Shouldn't you be working instead? Unless it something to do with your job, then ignore me.
    scottbeamer likes this.
    04-21-2018 09:12 AM
    Just to tell you that I faced the same problem with my S9+ during the first 10 days I bought it and I was so pissed off. Battery needs to settle down. Its been a month now and its going great. I now get 2 full days of usage with minimum 4hours SOT. My screen brightness is at 50% and i disabled apps and notifications not needed
    So my advice is just wait.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    04-21-2018 09:30 AM