My S9+ can't sync Outlook Calendar and can't validate MEAS

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Hello.

I've just upgraded from S7 edge to the S9+ and transferred all data with Smart Switch, but the MEAS account won't validate neither from the accounts menu nor via the inbuilt email app. In addition, my outlook calendar didn't sync with the inbuilt..

Any suggestions??

Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If this is a corporate account? If so, check with your IT Department if you haven't reached your device limit. As for the calendar, if you're using the Outlook app, the Calendar (if it's still as it was a few months ago, I only used it once and then dropped it since it didn't really integrate with the phone) won't show in the stock calendar app, just the Outlook one.

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
If this is a corporate account? If so, check with your IT Department if you haven't reached your device limit. As for the calendar, if you're using the Outlook app, the Calendar (if it's still as it was a few months ago, I only used it once and then dropped it since it didn't really integrate with the phone) won't show in the stock calendar app, just the Outlook one.

Thanks for replying.

It's a personal account that i've been using without any problems on my S7. By outlook calendar, i mean the microsoft one that i have on my desktop, which i also have been using with my S7 and lumia before that. For some reason, it stopped syncing since i can't validate my MEAS account.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you still have access to the S7? Is the calendar still syncing there? Have you double checked the server settings between the S7 and what was transferred/set up on the S9?

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Go into Accounts in your phone settings and click on the Exchange account and hit Sync Account and make sure all is checked there that you want synced, including the calendar.

And yes, it should be syncing with the stock phone Calendar. Mine does.

Also try going into the Outlook settings in the phone app and click on the Exchange account and hit Reset Account. Sometimes that will work for sync issues.

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Go into Accounts in your phone settings and click on the Exchange account and hit Sync Account and make sure all is checked there that you want synced, including the calendar.

And yes, it should be syncing with the stock phone Calendar. Mine does.

Also try going into the Outlook settings in the phone app and click on the Exchange account and hit Reset Account. Sometimes that will work for sync issues.

The thing is that i can't even set my exchange account because it can't validate.. I'm putting my email and pass and after i accept the permission request, the no validation message pops up...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No, the calendar stopped syncing on the S7. It didn't sync my newest task additions.

Do you get an error message in the Sync area of your account on the S7? If the other phones have also stopped syncing, then that pretty much means there is a problem with your server settings or your account itself, not the devices...

Have you tried using a 3rd party mail app that supports Exchange, like Nine (they have a free version you could use just to test)?

Here's a list of known issues with Exchange ActiveSync, in case any of those helps.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...soft-exchange-activesync-and-third-party-devi

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
Do you get an error message in the Sync area of your account on the S7? If the other phones have also stopped syncing, then that pretty much means there is a problem with your server settings or your account itself, not the devices...

Have you tried using a 3rd party mail app that supports Exchange, like Nine (they have a free version you could use just to test)?

Here's a list of known issues with Exchange ActiveSync, in case any of those helps.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...soft-exchange-activesync-and-third-party-devi

I didn't get an error message but the calendar stopped syncing. Actually it says that it was last synced just before i swapped phones. To date, i've used the in built email app, the gmail app and the outlook app. Via the in built app, i can't even set my account..Via gmail and outlook, i can set up the account but the calendar doesn't sync...

Thanks for the list..I'll take a look.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Have you logged into your Exchange admin account on the web to make sure you don't have any general issues with your account? Are you able to see your email and calendar by logging in that way?