Note 8 to S9+ Jumpers

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
yes there are many many who have shifted from Note 8 to S9+...there is a different threat about this topic....plz read there...

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes absolutely.... I hadn't touched the Spen in months so there was no point.

I also like that it's more balanced in the hand where the Note was more top heavy

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
jeetu4444, do you have the link for that other thread?

I got one for the built in blood pressure sensor, the snapdragon 845 and Oreo. I like it but am looking forward to the Note 9 as well.

Indecisi0n

Sep 10, 2017
Visit site
I just went from the note to the s9+ and don't regret it. I always found myself reaching for tuff on the screen of the note and it drove me crazy. Although the s9+ is only slightly smaller the feel is so much better in my opinion. People say I am crazy since the two phones are almost identical but hey it's just how I feel. The only real question I had before switching was if I would miss the s pen and in the end I haven't. I am more than happy with my move.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I jumped from the Note 8 to the S9+ primarilty due to better handling (i.e, balance, lighter weight) and stereo speakers (i would frequently cover up the single speaker while holding the phone to watch a video). That and the fact that I rarely used the SPen drove me to the decision. In addition, it's nice that the S9 Plus has the 6GB RAM just like the Note as well. Everything else is a wash (minus the cpu difference).

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I still have both and I rarely use the S Pen, it's like I have two of the same phone and for me that's great.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I thought about it, but the Note 9 might come out at the end of July possibly so that isn't far off. I don't use the Spen much, BUT it's a great feature to have when you do need it for something it's wonderful.

How if the Note 9 doesn't have the finger print sensor under the screen and if lets say has an insane price tag like over $1000 before tax, then YES I will give the s9 plus a serious look if they do discounts on it. Either the tmobile version or I might get unlocked.

I'm 90 percent sure I'll be getting a Note 9 though. I doubt it's going to hit 1k before taxes.

I'm just starting a small retail business though so I can't keep blowing all this cash on phones and crap. Although I can sell my Note 8 at my store front which I'm selling electronics related stuff at the flea market. it is making me think about getting the unlocked Note 9. That way it would be easier to sell than a carrier locked brand and I got tmobile so no worries about not getting wifi calling on unlocked.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
While the note 8 was great the battery sucked. The fact the s9plus has a bigger battery is an upgrade. The phone was ok but no oreo update till after the s9plus was released. The note 9 needs to be just a bigger galaxy plus with an s pen. Like give us a 4000 battery. 6.3 to 6.4 of screen and I'm sold back to the note 9.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
While the note 8 was great the battery sucked. The fact the s9plus has a bigger battery is an upgrade. The phone was ok but no oreo update till after the s9plus was released. The note 9 needs to be just a bigger galaxy plus with an s pen. Like give us a 4000 battery. 6.3 to 6.4 of screen and I'm sold back to the note 9.

Battery life on my Note 8 isn't terrible. Of course it could be better. I just saw the articles today about the rumors the Note 9 will have a FLAT screen. If that is the case then this is game over for the s9 plus. A note phone with a flat screen blows the S line out of the water here. No comparison.

This is why I don't say for people with the s8 or Note 8 to jump ship and grab the S9. If the Note rumors are true, you will be really upset when the Note 9 comes out with a FLAT screen, more useable real estate, and finger print sensor under the home button.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...camera-specs-price-release-date/#60483a7d1440

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Battery life on my Note 8 isn't terrible. Of course it could be better. I just saw the articles today about the rumors the Note 9 will have a FLAT screen. If that is the case then this is game over for the s9 plus. A note phone with a flat screen blows the S line out of the water here. No comparison.

This is why I don't say for people with the s8 or Note 8 to jump ship and grab the S9. If the Note rumors are true, you will be really upset when the Note 9 comes out with a FLAT screen, more useable real estate, and finger print sensor under the home button.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordon...camera-specs-price-release-date/#60483a7d1440

Bro this is not the Note 9 at all....It's looks like a Chinese phone with Samsung logo....

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Bro this is not the Note 9 at all....It's looks like a Chinese phone with Samsung logo....
A link on the page points to this:
c22cd57595d302884374782ba78e1d49.jpg

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I dont use the S Pen so for me its going to come back to battery life. I just came back to the S9+ after using the iPhone X for a few months (talk about a phone that has awful battery life)...so we'll see. I love the S9+ so far.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The stereo speakers and fps are way better. Perhaps fps is more about placement but I get it right 99% of the time. Note 8 misses a lot. S9+ also has an option to increase screen sensitivity, the note 8 does not. This makes a difference if you have a screen protector.

Those three things made it well worth it for me.

The camera is also a little better. Not enough to upgrade just for that though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Better camera, better fingerprint sensor placement, more power, dual speaker.
It is obvious that going from Note8 to S9 + is worth it, the difference will be felt. Note 8 is a phone of 2017 that has had its day. But obviously, the price makes the difference. The price of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has melted despite its relative youth on the market: 749 euros on Amazon France. The Samsung Galaxy S9 + 64 GB is sold at 959 euros. This price difference seems unjustified at the moment, so I prefer the Galaxy Note 8 ... or I wait for the price drop of the Galaxy S9 +.

I wasn't going to upgrade but I got the s9+ on promotion for the equivalent of about $381 euros. At full price though, I wouldn't get it. The Note 8 isn't really significantly cheaper than the s9+ here.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have been back and forth a few times on note 8 and s9 plus. I'm using an S9 Plus now and enjoy it. It seems to have better sound quality than the Note 8 and keeps up with my work stuff. Camera takes great shots most of the time too.

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Note 8/Samsung S9+

Ok right now I have the Note8 and like it but really have a hard time holding it and trying to use the finger scanner.
I haven’t held or even seen the S9+ really that well yet, but people are saying it’s a little bit smaller then the Note8 and the finger scanner is a lot better to use since it been moved.
Has anybody went from note 8 to S9+, and if so is it worth the switch?

Thank you

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 8/Samsung S9+

I have both and yes it's definitely easier to hold and the FPS placement definitely makes it easier. But until they release an update for the S9+ the camera is still noticably better on the Note8 of that matters to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12