Problems w/ Zagg Screen Protectors for the S9+

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
First, they're hard to find :eek: My local Best Buy and Verizon are out of the Zagg Invisible Shield HD (plastic and glass) because they've sent them back. I finally ordered the plastic from BB, sent to the store so they could put it on for me. TERRIBLE job! 3 black specks under the protector and ridges or scrapped areas. Went to Verizon. They don't have them and told me that Zagg is having an issue with both. Stores are sending back both the plastic and glass versions for the 9+. Fitment issues with the glass and the plastic one not staying on. BB has ordered another protector but thinks they may have the same problems installing it. What's going on? Has anyone else had issues? Zagg has been excellent on my other phones.

rdaugh31

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
First, they're hard to find :eek: My local Best Buy and Verizon are out of the Zagg Invisible Shield HD (plastic and glass) because they've sent them back. I finally ordered the plastic from BB, sent to the store so they could put it on for me. TERRIBLE job! 3 black specks under the protector and ridges or scrapped areas. Went to Verizon. They don't have them and told me that Zagg is having an issue with both. Stores are sending back both the plastic and glass versions for the 9+. Fitment issues with the glass and the plastic one not staying on. BB has ordered another protector but thinks they may have the same problems installing it. What's going on? Has anyone else had issues? Zagg has been excellent on my other phones.
I bought the zagg invisible shield film protector from Best Buy and had them install it .After a day it looked flawless .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Sounds like a poor install

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

You should go with whitestone dome, return the Zagg protector

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You should go with whitestone dome, return the Zagg protector

I'm returning it and have ordered another. BB is crediting me for both. But really, I'd like to know what the problem is with the film and glass Zagg protectors for this phone. BB and Verizon have told me there are problems with them.

I've watched some videos for the Whitestone Dome and read the Amazon reviews. 3.5 stars is my bare minimum when considering a product and that's what it has. Not sure I'm a canidate for the installation process :(

I've had really good luck with Zagg film protectors. My S7 (Zagg film and Spigen Ultra Hybrid case) flew off the hood of my car (going about 50mph), landed in the middle of the road. My car notified me a few seconds later that my phone was no longer connected. My Life360 app located the approximate area. We found it in the middle of the road with NO damage to the phone what so ever. A few tiny gravel looking indentions on the film (most of them went away) and no damage that I could see on the clear Spigen case. It'll be hard to convince me to use something other than Zagg and Spigen for phone protection! ;)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm returning it and have ordered another. BB is crediting me for both. But really, I'd like to know what the problem is with the film and glass Zagg protectors for this phone. BB and Verizon have told me there are problems with them.

I've watched some videos for the Whitestone Dome and read the Amazon reviews. 3.5 stars is my bare minimum when considering a product and that's what it has. Not sure I'm a canidate for the installation process :(

I've had really good luck with Zagg film protectors. My S7 (Zagg film and Spigen Ultra Hybrid case) flew off the hood of my car (going about 50mph), landed in the middle of the road. My car notified me a few seconds later that my phone was no longer connected. My Life360 app located the approximate area. We found it in the middle of the road with NO damage to the phone what so ever. A few tiny gravel looking indentions on the film (most of them went away) and no damage that I could see on the clear Spigen case. It'll be hard to convince me to use something other than Zagg and Spigen for phone protection! ;)

I have used the Zagg glass on my s8+ which worked better then anything on the market but still had bubbles on all 4 corners little ones tho it sticked pretty well.
Now the whitestone dome was first time I've used it ..watched few YouTube videos before installing it all you have to do is install the phone in the tray in correct position and put a sticker by the earphone piece and install the other cover over it then apply the liquid , as liquid is slowly spreading you put the glass protector and then wait for it to evenly spread which might take 2 minutes with tilting the tray to get across once that's done u use the uv light on top until light goes out then middle until light goes out and bottom ..you repeat this 3 times and you done
This screen protector came out flawless no bubbles and sticks very well to the phone
THIS IS WHAT ALL SAMSUNG CURVED SCREEN SHOULD COME OUT THE BOX WITH WHEN WE GET THE PHONE

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I can't get over the fact that people still use screen protectors. I guess if you own the phone out-right it might be wise - although a case does the Job Itself for protection. Otherwise phone insurance is mandatory when you choose to go through a carrier. I used a screen protector one time and hated it. Takes away from the screen quality imo.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can't get over the fact that people still use screen protectors. I guess if you own the phone out-right it might be wise - although a case does the Job Itself for protection. Otherwise phone insurance is mandatory when you choose to go through a carrier. I used a screen protector one time and hated it. Takes away from the screen quality imo.

I'm a mechanic
Do u think any screen would hold up to dirt,grease,gas,chemicals?
A glass screen protector is a must and case
Have you ever tried the dome glass protector ? It feels like it's not there and touch response is just as good

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

So are you so careful with your phone that you don't get even a scratch on the screen? Can't imagine what my S7 would have looked like after it slid off the hood of my car at 50mpg, landing in the middle of the road. Thanks to Zagg and Spigen, not a scratch on it! Thanks for Samsung, still performed perfectly. And thanks to Life360, we found it in about 10 minutes. I'm willing to put up with a little protection to keep my investment in pristine condition :)

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
So are you so careful with your phone that you don't get even a scratch on the screen? Can't imagine what my S7 would have looked like after it slid off the hood of my car at 50mpg, landing in the middle of the road. Thanks to Zagg and Spigen, not a scratch on it! Thanks for Samsung, still performed perfectly. And thanks to Life360, we found it in about 10 minutes. I'm willing to put up with a little protection to keep my investment in pristine condition :)

I have owned countless phones, and never a scratch. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Kko 5

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I got one full screen from Aliexpress...cost me €3 ....its a 5star tempered glass and it couldn't be better. I am not falling into these Zagg or whatever brands trap who actually buy them from China for some cents and resell them for €20-30 😉

Jdt0109

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I got one put on from verizon and my only problem is the screen doesnt wanna work all the time with touch. I turned on the switch to intensify touch with a screen protector but it honestly is just a pain in the a$$..

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a mechanic
Do u think any screen would hold up to dirt,grease,gas,chemicals?
A glass screen protector is a must and case
Have you ever tried the dome glass protector ? It feels like it's not there and touch response is just as good
I lack the patience and dexterity for the installation. Too bad they don't have mall stands.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon