05-12-2018 07:54 AM
29 12
tools
    First, they're hard to find :o My local Best Buy and Verizon are out of the Zagg Invisible Shield HD (plastic and glass) because they've sent them back. I finally ordered the plastic from BB, sent to the store so they could put it on for me. TERRIBLE job! 3 black specks under the protector and ridges or scrapped areas. Went to Verizon. They don't have them and told me that Zagg is having an issue with both. Stores are sending back both the plastic and glass versions for the 9+. Fitment issues with the glass and the plastic one not staying on. BB has ordered another protector but thinks they may have the same problems installing it. What's going on? Has anyone else had issues? Zagg has been excellent on my other phones.
    04-22-2018 04:04 AM
    First, they're hard to find :o My local Best Buy and Verizon are out of the Zagg Invisible Shield HD (plastic and glass) because they've sent them back. I finally ordered the plastic from BB, sent to the store so they could put it on for me. TERRIBLE job! 3 black specks under the protector and ridges or scrapped areas. Went to Verizon. They don't have them and told me that Zagg is having an issue with both. Stores are sending back both the plastic and glass versions for the 9+. Fitment issues with the glass and the plastic one not staying on. BB has ordered another protector but thinks they may have the same problems installing it. What's going on? Has anyone else had issues? Zagg has been excellent on my other phones.
    I bought the zagg invisible shield film protector from Best Buy and had them install it .After a day it looked flawless .
    04-22-2018 09:32 AM
    Sounds like a poor install
    04-22-2018 12:32 PM
    You should go with whitestone dome, return the Zagg protector
    04-22-2018 05:11 PM
    You should go with whitestone dome, return the Zagg protector
    I'm returning it and have ordered another. BB is crediting me for both. But really, I'd like to know what the problem is with the film and glass Zagg protectors for this phone. BB and Verizon have told me there are problems with them.

I've watched some videos for the Whitestone Dome and read the Amazon reviews. 3.5 stars is my bare minimum when considering a product and that's what it has. Not sure I'm a canidate for the installation process

I've had really good luck with Zagg film protectors. My S7 (Zagg film and Spigen Ultra Hybrid case) flew off the hood of my car (going about 50mph), landed in the middle of the road. My car notified me a few seconds later that my phone was no longer connected. My Life360 app located the approximate area. We found it in the middle of the road with NO damage to the phone what so ever. A few tiny gravel looking indentions on the film (most of them went away) and no damage that I could see on the clear Spigen case. It'll be hard to convince me to use something other than Zagg and Spigen for phone protection!
    jneusch likes this.
    04-23-2018 01:53 AM
    I'm returning it and have ordered another. BB is crediting me for both. But really, I'd like to know what the problem is with the film and glass Zagg protectors for this phone. BB and Verizon have told me there are problems with them.

I've watched some videos for the Whitestone Dome and read the Amazon reviews. 3.5 stars is my bare minimum when considering a product and that's what it has. Not sure I'm a canidate for the installation process

I've had really good luck with Zagg film protectors. My S7 (Zagg film and Spigen Ultra Hybrid case) flew off the hood of my car (going about 50mph), landed in the middle of the road. My car notified me a few seconds later that my phone was no longer connected. My Life360 app located the approximate area. We found it in the middle of the road with NO damage to the phone what so ever. A few tiny gravel looking indentions on the film (most of them went away) and no damage that I could see on the clear Spigen case. It'll be hard to convince me to use something other than Zagg and Spigen for phone protection!
    I have used the Zagg glass on my s8+ which worked better then anything on the market but still had bubbles on all 4 corners little ones tho it sticked pretty well.
    Now the whitestone dome was first time I've used it ..watched few YouTube videos before installing it all you have to do is install the phone in the tray in correct position and put a sticker by the earphone piece and install the other cover over it then apply the liquid , as liquid is slowly spreading you put the glass protector and then wait for it to evenly spread which might take 2 minutes with tilting the tray to get across once that's done u use the uv light on top until light goes out then middle until light goes out and bottom ..you repeat this 3 times and you done
    This screen protector came out flawless no bubbles and sticks very well to the phone
    THIS IS WHAT ALL SAMSUNG CURVED SCREEN SHOULD COME OUT THE BOX WITH WHEN WE GET THE PHONE
    04-23-2018 08:03 AM
    I can't get over the fact that people still use screen protectors. I guess if you own the phone out-right it might be wise - although a case does the Job Itself for protection. Otherwise phone insurance is mandatory when you choose to go through a carrier. I used a screen protector one time and hated it. Takes away from the screen quality imo.
    recDNA likes this.
    04-23-2018 06:09 PM
    I can't get over the fact that people still use screen protectors. I guess if you own the phone out-right it might be wise - although a case does the Job Itself for protection. Otherwise phone insurance is mandatory when you choose to go through a carrier. I used a screen protector one time and hated it. Takes away from the screen quality imo.
    I'm a mechanic
    Do u think any screen would hold up to dirt,grease,gas,chemicals?
    A glass screen protector is a must and case
    Have you ever tried the dome glass protector ? It feels like it's not there and touch response is just as good
    04-23-2018 06:51 PM
    So are you so careful with your phone that you don't get even a scratch on the screen? Can't imagine what my S7 would have looked like after it slid off the hood of my car at 50mpg, landing in the middle of the road. Thanks to Zagg and Spigen, not a scratch on it! Thanks for Samsung, still performed perfectly. And thanks to Life360, we found it in about 10 minutes. I'm willing to put up with a little protection to keep my investment in pristine condition
    tadpoles likes this.
    04-23-2018 09:59 PM
    So are you so careful with your phone that you don't get even a scratch on the screen? Can't imagine what my S7 would have looked like after it slid off the hood of my car at 50mpg, landing in the middle of the road. Thanks to Zagg and Spigen, not a scratch on it! Thanks for Samsung, still performed perfectly. And thanks to Life360, we found it in about 10 minutes. I'm willing to put up with a little protection to keep my investment in pristine condition
    I have owned countless phones, and never a scratch. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    04-23-2018 11:49 PM
    We tried the Zagg HD Glass protector. Cracked in the bottom right corner during installation.
    04-24-2018 06:21 AM
    The only problem with Zagg tempered screen protectors is they're rubbish.
    04-24-2018 12:00 PM
    I got one full screen from Aliexpress...cost me €3 ....its a 5star tempered glass and it couldn't be better. I am not falling into these Zagg or whatever brands trap who actually buy them from China for some cents and resell them for €20-30 😉
    04-24-2018 12:20 PM
    I got one put on from verizon and my only problem is the screen doesnt wanna work all the time with touch. I turned on the switch to intensify touch with a screen protector but it honestly is just a pain in the a$$..
    04-24-2018 03:46 PM
    you guys are wasting money on all these other screen protector ...Get the white stone dome
    04-24-2018 05:18 PM
    I'm a mechanic
    Do u think any screen would hold up to dirt,grease,gas,chemicals?
    A glass screen protector is a must and case
    Have you ever tried the dome glass protector ? It feels like it's not there and touch response is just as good
    I lack the patience and dexterity for the installation. Too bad they don't have mall stands.
    04-25-2018 11:32 AM
    I lack the patience and dexterity for the installation. Too bad they don't have mall stands.
    Understandable ...it's like 15 minutes process not bad at all
    Do you use a screen protector?
    04-25-2018 12:52 PM
    old phone does put on by vzw
    04-25-2018 01:28 PM
    old phone does put on by vzw
    Cool ...
    04-25-2018 01:42 PM
    you guys are wasting money on all these other screen protector ...Get the white stone dome
    I have OTAOs and am very satisfied. WhiteStone Dome maybe nice but it's way overpriced IMO.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    04-25-2018 02:05 PM
    I have OTAOs and am very satisfied. WhiteStone Dome maybe nice but it's way overpriced IMO.
    I've tried a few of them , all had touch problems and couple of them came off
    For the 44.00 dollars it's not crazy bad you get the plastic tray ,uv light,extra bottle of glue for next time so you'll only need to purchase the screen protector. Compared to others out there it's far superior it's all glue throughout the protector..but if yours work that's great just trying to help people avoid buying screen protector that dont work then ending up getting the dome anyway and spending alot in the process like what happened to me
    04-25-2018 02:19 PM
    My 2nd Zagg Invisible Shield HG film protector was install yesterday and looks 100% better! Best Buy credited both for my inconvenience. I've had excellent protection from theses on my last 3 phones. They don't feel quite a nice as a clean glass protector but they don't break either. We have a Zagg glass on the Pixel 2 XL and don't notice any touch issues.
    04-25-2018 03:04 PM
    I've tried a few of them , all had touch problems and couple of them came off
    For the 44.00 dollars it's not crazy bad you get the plastic tray ,uv light,extra bottle of glue for next time so you'll only need to purchase the screen protector. Compared to others out there it's far superior it's all glue throughout the protector..but if yours work that's great just trying to help people avoid buying screen protector that dont work then ending up getting the dome anyway and spending alot in the process like what happened to me
    It's good there's a high-end solution and one day I may just give it a try but I'm glad I've been fortunate enough to find an economical solution that seems good too. I will say that with the OTAO since it is a dot matrix protector (though you can just barely see the dot matrix) with air between the display and screen protector there is this very slight kind of mirror effect (or whatever you wanna call it) when the screen is off that I know you don't get with the WhiteStone Dome but as far as touch sensitivity I'm tickled pink, it really is great and for $10 (Note 8) and $12 (S9+) I just can't complain.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    04-25-2018 04:22 PM
    I've been using Liquid Glass screen protector on both my S8+and S9+. Have not had any problems.
    mustang7757 and JHStewart1023 like this.
    04-25-2018 04:50 PM
    Tried to install mine, it cracked on installation when smoothing down the edges. Returning it, hopefully they'll refund.

Only phone I've ever used naked was my previous phone, S7Edge, it made it 2 years, but I dropped it getting out of my car and screen shattered. ..... therefore I'd like to use a screen protector for my S9+ but will have to look some more, or possibly buy at Best Buy and pay for them to install (BB was out of stock, I ordered through Amazon).

Love the phone.
    04-25-2018 05:41 PM
29 12