There's been several posts from folks looking for screen protectors for their S9+. I've got the OTAO and this is what I think.

OTAO Tempered Glass Screen Protector (tgsp)-20180423_072412.jpg

First, it's a complete package, as you can see. Coming with the instructions, the tgsp, alignment tray, wet wipe, and dust removal sticker.

OTAO Tempered Glass Screen Protector (tgsp)-20180423_072500.jpgOTAO Tempered Glass Screen Protector (tgsp)-20180423_072514.jpg
    Installation

I prefer the steamy bathroom trick to get a dust-free environment. The alignment tray makes installation simple as you can't mis-align the product (unless you really try). The glue is along the edges of the tgsp and seems to secure the product just fine (this is the updated version). I have several cases and the tgsp fit within them all.

Touch Sensitivity

This is a biggy as no one wants reduced touch sensitivity. We want our screens to be just as responsive as if naked. Thankfully, I'd say the OTAO is about 90-95% there, and that's excellent in my book!! I noticed some very slight reduction in the upper corners but that may settle out and is honestly almost not worth mentioning, it's very slight.

Appearance

The product looks good to me installed but there's not much of an oleophobic coating so you will some some fingerprints eventually. I've had a several other products and this seems to be par for the course. If you try in good light, you can just barely see the dot matrix pattern. It's pretty much invisible in normal light so no complaint there. Yea.

OTAO Tempered Glass Screen Protector (tgsp)-20180423_072605.jpg

Conclusion

I'll be honest, I like the product. A lot. The cost? $12.99 on Amazon USA. I also have the OTAO for my Note 8s and am even more satisfied with the new S9+ version and can highly recommend it. There are other good protectors out there but OTAO has won me over with a quality product that is more than reasonably priced. I feel like you can't go wrong (I'm). Other good products cost a heck of a lot more and one even has some convoluted installation while being ridiculously priced. I'll leave it at that and just say that with the OTAO you're getting a great product at a great price. There's a reason the reviews are good.

Highly recommend.

Cheers!
    foofighter#AC and monsieurms like this.
    04-23-2018 07:16 AM
    Had one on my S8 and on my Note 8! Great brand, best installation experience I ever had!
    04-23-2018 12:31 PM
    Had one on my S8 and on my Note 8! Great brand, best installation experience I ever had!
    I'm really happy with OTAO so far. I'm not sure how some of the other products can cost 3-5x more.
    04-23-2018 12:47 PM
    I have the OTAO on my S9+. I've never been able to apply screen protectors but decided that it wasn't much to lose for the price. To my surprise I applied the OTAO and it came out perfect. No bubbles, no clicking spots, not touch dead areas. Great product and the price is right.
    tadpoles likes this.
    04-23-2018 05:38 PM
    It's definitely a nice screen protector, but it didn't work with my supcase unicorn beatle pro and that's a deal breaker. The design of the supcase would cause the screen protector to lift causing clicking and dust collection. I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately it's not for me. Back to naked I go.
    04-23-2018 10:06 PM
    It's definitely a nice screen protector, but it didn't work with my supcase unicorn beatle pro and that's a deal breaker. The design of the supcase would cause the screen protector to lift causing clicking and dust collection. I really wanted to like it, but unfortunately it's not for me. Back to naked I go.
    Doesn't the Unicorn Beetle come with a built in screen protector?
    04-24-2018 03:31 AM
    OTAO did reach out to me to do a review of this but I declined. I’m not a fan of non full adhesive screen protectors so I didn’t want to waste anybody’s time. They are just always bad. But after I saw this review, I decided to try it. Since I turned down OTAO, I did not go back to them about reviewing this. Now I’m going to be brutally honest about this.

First, when in the sun the dot Matrix is very noticeable. It is very annoying. You do not notice it in doors though. Also, you get very bad oil looking marking but only in certain lighting. If you ever used a otter box defender with the built in screen protector, then you know what I’m talking about. I’m also getting clicking sound on bottom right area where the back bottom is. Why? Because it’s not full adhesive. Last, OTAO had told me that the adhesive around the edging is stronger. Well the top left area didn’t stick well and dust is already getting under.

This is just like any other edge only adhesive screen protector out there. In my opinion, this doesn’t set it apart from anything else.

Sorry OTAO, but I had to be honest on my thoughts.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-26-2018 10:46 AM