Iris Scanner not working on Galaxy s9+

glouris

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a very frustrating problem that Samsung was completely useless with helping to resolve.

Basically, the Iris scanner works fine without a case but doesn't work with a case. I've tried three different cases, including a Samsung case, all to no avail. Samsung support believed it was an issue with the S9+ Iris scanning not working with cases at all, but they were just guessing and had no clue.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using any glass protectors or thin film on top? Any glare or reflection from thick materials Wil throw the scanner off, as will sunlight and bright lights. Also make sure that the initial set up is done in a moderately lit area not facing you directly.

I have mine with a few thin cases and no issues, but my brother does struggle with his with a glass protector that is obviously too close to the sensor edge.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have this case on my phone and no issues with iris scan on the phone https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6230773 . Like SpookDroid said, glass protector or if you wear glasses may cause a problem. Only time it doesn't work for me is if the sun is at my back and the screen is in direct sunlight. You may want to try removing the registered iris scan and then rescan again. Settings>lock screen and security>iris scanner>enter your pin>remove iris data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy