05-01-2018 03:05 PM
40 12
tools
    Sorry for asking. I had flawless S8+ and want to get the S9+ but after read all topic here look like S9+ have a lot of problem (display, app not support, connectivity issue) so who got flawless S9+ please post your S9+ experience to help me making decision.

I know I can buy the phone and return it but I heard from someone that some case Best buy can refused your return.

Thanks.
    04-26-2018 12:43 PM
    I have had my S9 since March 12 and I have noticed no issues with it at all.
    04-26-2018 02:28 PM
    I've had my s9+ since March 16, it's been flawless.
    Risky_KillMoves likes this.
    04-26-2018 03:55 PM
    It is my belief that you would be challenged to compile a list of the S9+ feature-set -- be it hardware or software -- where there has been no posting, to a public or private board, of the form:

"The S9+ <insert_feature_name_here/> doesn't work."

I've got four of them, and so far this is what I know I lost:

Ability to sync a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync subfolder of the main configured inbox for a different period of time than the other folder(s) in the tree.

Ability to change the SMS ringtone on a per-contact basis using the stock Contacts app.

Ability to pass-through VPN when the phone is in Mobile Hotspot mode.

Used to be able to do those things on my stock Verizon S8+ with Android 7.0 and I can't do them now.
    They're all software issues. Maybe they'll get fixed.

Everything else is working out pretty well though on the S9+ phones.
    We're keeping them.
    04-26-2018 05:30 PM
    I've had to S9 pluses and not a problem with either one. The first one was sent back because the camera was horrible. The front facing camera is the same as the S8 series. Once I accepted that I went ahead and repurchase the phone. But both have performed flawlessly without any issues.
    04-26-2018 06:43 PM
    I had the galaxy s8. Traded that one in because I had all kinds of issues. I now have had the galaxy s9 plus for a month and a half. Let me tell you. I have found no issues with this phone. And trust me I'm a complainer. I really love this phone.
    milehigherik likes this.
    04-26-2018 07:26 PM
    Had the S9+ 128gb since March 31 zero issues..very very happy with the phone
    04-26-2018 08:17 PM
    I've had to S9 pluses and not a problem with either one. The first one was sent back because the camera was horrible. The front facing camera is the same as the S8 series. Once I accepted that I went ahead and repurchase the phone. But both have performed flawlessly without any issues.
    Can you give us some examples of what was so horrible? Was the next one significantly better? My S9+ has not blown my socks off :o And in some cases, the S7 did better in side by side comparisons. Tomorrow is my last day to return it
    04-26-2018 08:18 PM
    Can you give us some examples of what was so horrible? Was the next one significantly better? My S9+ has not blown my socks off :o And in some cases, the S7 did better in side by side comparisons. Tomorrow is my last day to return it
    I've had several threads going here about the camera quality on the front facing camera for the S9 series. They boast the camera was reimagined but the front facing camera was untouched from the S8. I was very disappointed because I had a pixel 2 which took amazing photos. So I got rid of the original S9 plus that I had and use my pixel for a few more weeks and now I use the Google camera with my S9 plus and it works better.
    04-26-2018 08:20 PM
    I've had several threads going here about the camera quality on the front facing camera for the S9 series. They boast the camera was reimagined but the front facing camera was untouched from the S8. I was very disappointed because I had a pixel 2 which took amazing photos. So I got rid of the original S9 plus that I had and use my pixel for a few more weeks and now I use the Google camera with my S9 plus and it works better.
    I installed the Google Camera on my S9+ and it was unusable Severe stutter/lag. Just nearly frozen. Certainly wouldn't be able to catch a once in a life time photo. The camera menu was all different. I don't think I saw super slow mode with the Google Camera software. When I would exit out of the camera and open it again, the software was reverted back to Samsung camera. I'd like to remove it but don't know where to find it. I saw samples of people who have it working for them. Would be nice!
    04-26-2018 08:35 PM
    There's only one version that works. I posted it in a thread.
    04-26-2018 09:00 PM
    There's only one version that works. I posted it in a thread.
    Would you be so kind as to post the thread link here please
    04-26-2018 11:04 PM
    If your S7 beats the S9+ at anything something is wrong lol
    04-26-2018 11:16 PM
    I pre ordered my S9 and after a month plus mines been flawless... I know some don't like the camera but I'm a fan. Takes great pics in my opinion. Runs smooth, much less bloat as compared to previous versions(I have the At&t version) and I've been able to delete apps that I couldn't before. It did take me awhile to get it where I want but I'm very pleased!
    Battery life is great - I get 35 hrs up time when I use 2 hrs SOT on light days and 17-19 hrs up Time with 5+ screen time... I do have minimal apps though. Only ones I really need for work and personal use like banking and keep my OS running optimal at all times. I'm lovin it. Displays top o' the line, zero connective issues and no app problems... I did have an issue with my Wifi calling for a day but I think it had to do with connecting with a hot spot at Walmart & I contacted At&t... which was no help so I turn off hot spot, reset back to factory settings for wifi and set it up again and it's worked great ever since.

Actually like it better than the plus version.

Just one man opinion but I'd recommend it to all.
    04-26-2018 11:23 PM
    Would you be so kind as to post the thread link here please
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/camera/
    04-26-2018 11:30 PM
    Mine s9+ has 0 issues, all works flawlessly.
    04-27-2018 12:40 AM
    Thank you for the link! What (if any) Samsung camera features do you lose? My camera app was so unstable, I couldn't look around much but it seemed the Pro Mode feature was gone.
    04-27-2018 01:00 AM
    Dear friend many thanks for the link...A question please... when you hit the link you put in circle, then which one do you press to proceed for download. Sorry for asking but nothing seems to work for me.
    Your reply is appreciated
    04-27-2018 01:42 AM
    Unlocked S9 since Day 1 using on Verizon, flawless for me. Some needed Wi-Fi calling (one of the only caveats I think with unlocked and Verizon) which I didn't and the battery has been superb. IQ Shield screen protector has been perfect and works well with the Spigen Neo-Hybrid Case. Samsung trade-in for $300 for my S7E went very smoothly and I continue to be able to avoid all contact with Verizon other than MyVerizon account which makes life much easier.

First unlocked phone and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    04-27-2018 08:31 AM
    I have had my AT&T GS9+ since April 19th with no issues to report.
    04-27-2018 09:19 AM
    Unlocked S9 since Day 1 using on Verizon, flawless for me. Some needed Wi-Fi calling (one of the only caveats I think with unlocked and Verizon) which I didn't and the battery has been superb. IQ Shield screen protector has been perfect and works well with the Spigen Neo-Hybrid Case. Samsung trade-in for $300 for my S7E went very smoothly and I continue to be able to avoid all contact with Verizon other than MyVerizon account which makes life much easier.

First unlocked phone and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    I always buy unlocked phones and have been doing so for a while as it means you aren't tethered, sorry manacled, to a network and you can upgrade whenever you want.
    04-27-2018 09:23 AM
    I've had my s9+ since March 16, it's been flawless.
    Same here.
    04-27-2018 10:02 AM
    Thank you for the link! What (if any) Samsung camera features do you lose? My camera app was so unstable, I couldn't look around much but it seemed the Pro Mode feature was gone.
    Long press any of the camera modes listed across the top of the screen in the camera app. It will bring up a page where you can toggle camera features. Your Pro mode might have been accidentally disabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Who got the flawless S9?-43878.jpg  
    Denisew 1972 likes this.
    04-27-2018 12:03 PM
    Pre-ordered the S9 with T-Mobile and got it a few days before official launch date. I haven't had any issues with the phone, volume, connectivity, camera, nor battery life. No scratches either but I put the Spigen nano liquid on it
    04-27-2018 03:04 PM
    I have no major problems with my s9+.
    04-27-2018 05:02 PM
40 12