12-07-2018 11:46 PM
69 123
tools
    Embrace the Curve!
    08-29-2018 12:01 AM
    I cannot, absolutely cannot, stand the curved screen. I have yet to find a glass screen protector that will adhere correctly. I have gone through 2 Zagg full adhesive screen protectors of which were both installed at the Verizon store and both lasted less than 24 hours before cracking as I tried to press the edge of the phone. The phone is hard to hold without a larger case and at that point, what is the use of the edge. The curved screen glares and distorts images. I'm almost to the point of giving up Samsung for a flat screen phone. I've had Google, Motorola, LG, etc. I have been a fan of Samsung some since the s3 my wife had. All of my previous non samsun phones have had manufactur defect failures. Touch screens failing in sections and or buttons quitting. I got my first Samsung s6 which is still running strong going on 4 years later. I have half a thought to return to attempt to return this S9 and eat the restock fee. I have Verizon, so even if they release an active, I won't have access to it.

Late night half asleep rant.
    Dome is the best for curve screen , try it
    08-29-2018 12:03 AM
    I kinda like it now ..
    As I went through 5 galaxy without screen protection of any kind and work phone too ..
    Curve or no curve .. don't bother me a bit ..
    08-29-2018 09:35 AM
    First curved screen for me. Cant say I hate it..but I would prefer to not have it.
    lucianus_luciferus likes this.
    08-29-2018 06:24 PM
    First curved screen for me. Cant say I hate it..but I would prefer to not have it.
    Yep same here
    vfp5 likes this.
    08-29-2018 07:29 PM
    I love the curved screen. Had it on S7 Edge, and now have the S9+. Really works good for me.
    08-29-2018 10:54 PM
    Curved screen doesnt bother me at all. I kind of like it and it looks very nice. I dont bother with screen protectors on my phones, never really have. I do have good cases though.
    mary beth hale and Gayle Lynn like this.
    08-30-2018 06:13 AM
    I like it, watching videos is an immersive experience with the curves. I don't use screen protectors. In your case I'd suggest getting an OtterBox Defender and use the holster, that will protect your screen
    08-30-2018 08:38 AM
    I bought a glass screen protector with full adhesive. Not perfect but works ok and no worries of it falling off
    can you tell wich one?
    08-30-2018 02:29 PM
    I have been a Samsung devotee since the s2. I did bypass an upgrade when they ditched the sd card though. However I hate the curved screen edges. I chose the flatter version for the S7 but this isn't an option on the s9. Do you think they will ever go back to flatter screen edges ?

I have always had glass screen protectors. I have horses so my pockets are always full of hay, straw . Lots of stuff that would scratch the screen. Plus the phones have a habit if falling out of my pocket when I muck out. This has never been a problem before as the screen protectors did their job.

As per normal I bought a screen protector for the s9 before I bought it to ensure I could stick it on straight away. It fell off after 3 days as it only stuck to the edges. During the wait for the new protector despite being extra careful my screen has marks on it.

I won't be due an upgrade for 2 years but won't get another phone with curved edges. Even if I have to switch brands.
    same feeling here. Too damn dificult to find a decent screen protector on my country! (Brazil) And cases too!! Im almost changin it to an LG due to this curved screen.
    08-30-2018 02:31 PM
    I absolutely HATE HATE HATE the curved infinity screens! They can keep em! There is nothing I love more than a great big fat HUGE flat screen! I currently have a crap phone (ZTE Max Pro) something like that ... But the screen size is nice and big and flat as can be ! LOVE IT!
    12-02-2018 12:29 AM
    Honestly I don't even notice the curved screen... doesn't bother me a bit... much better that a notch that'd would drive me nutz lol
    This^^^^
    12-02-2018 08:04 AM
    Why I also have the Note. Not really. Prefer. Buy what you like. And with a case it is less noticeable.

Even the notched iPhone after awhile i block it out and don't let it be a distraction.

I've never used a cover. Tried, prefer without.
    12-02-2018 01:11 PM
    I honestly like it, I didn't on the s7 edge them so much bjt I feel it's just right on the s8\9+
    The edge was way overdone on the s7 edge. That curve had to be longer than a quarter of an inch! Actually the note 7 is probably where they started getting it down, then perfected on the s8's and s9's.
    turbochgd likes this.
    12-02-2018 06:57 PM
    The curved screen is a farce. People keep lapping it up though. It's awful for usability and practicality.
    12-05-2018 01:49 PM
    I prefer flat screen myself. If the note came in a flat screen I'd definitely get that. Same with the S line. But I get along fine with the note 9 as I did with my S9 plus I had. But id take a flat screen model of those two any day of the week for sure.
    12-07-2018 07:40 AM
    Yes. Great gimmick, and I fell for it. That, and making the back out of glass.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    12-07-2018 06:51 PM
    I prefer a flat screen. I'm hoping this curved screen trend with them fades. I'm sure they can make a beautiful screen without the curves.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    12-07-2018 07:01 PM
    The edge was way overdone on the s7 edge. That curve had to be longer than a quarter of an inch! Actually the note 7 is probably where they started getting it down, then perfected on the s8's and s9's.
    The Edge on the S6 Edge was worse than the S7 Edge.
    12-07-2018 11:46 PM
69 123