S9 sound issues

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you play music, does it sound low too? I have no issues with my ringtones...in fact I had to dial them down as to not let my whole house know I have a message.

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Coming from the S7 after 2 years, I'm not really noticing any difference in terms of notification volume on the S9+.

One thing I've noticed however is that the ringtone volume coming from the earphone part (top of phone) is a lot softer/quieter than the volume coming from the bottom firing speaker - now this is expected and normal I think, but here's the issue I've noticed - the ringtone volume is even more soft/quiet when an actual call is coming through compared to when testing it in Settings. Can anyone else confirm this? You can test it by covering the bottom firing speaker with a finger/thumb and listening to how loud the top speaker is when the ringtone is playing.

chuck6961

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the S7 after 2 years, I'm not really noticing any difference in terms of notification volume on the S9+.

One thing I've noticed however is that the ringtone volume coming from the earphone part (top of phone) is a lot softer/quieter than the volume coming from the bottom firing speaker - now this is expected and normal I think, but here's the issue I've noticed - the ringtone volume is even more soft/quiet when an actual call is coming through compared to when testing it in Settings. Can anyone else confirm this? You can test it by covering the bottom firing speaker with a finger/thumb and listening to how loud the top speaker is when the ringtone is playing.
Yes this !

ssj100

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes this !

I think we need to start a separate thread about this to get more attention? It's surely a software issue that can be "fixed". Of course, it's actually not a big deal, as most people find the ringtone volume loud enough already (and the sound from the top speaker is actually a bonus already compared to anything Samsung has produced previously).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12