I've downloaded a notification sound and applied it to Messages+ but it isn't using the sound. It shows in the Customization screen of Messages+ but uses a standard Samsung sound instead. I also downloaded the file on my PC, emailed it to my phone. I thought I'd be able to move it to the folder where Samsung sounds are but I can't (nor can I find the folder). I did this easily with my S7. And I had an app (can't remember the name of it) on my S5 that allowed me to see contents of folders and move files around. Soooo, any idea how I can make this sound file "stick" to Messages+? The ringtone I'm using from Zedge as a default ringtone is working. And if it helps, this same notification worked in Messages+ on my S7.
    04-27-2018 11:55 PM
    I remembered the name of the file transfer app, ES File Transfer. I installed it, copied the sound file to a couple of places and it (somehow) ended up in Samsung's Notifications Sounds. It's selected as the Messages+ notification sound and STILL doesn't play the correct sound when I get a text message. Here is a screen shot of the only place in Messages+ that I can find to set a notification sound unless I want to set a sound for an individual. I don't need to do that tho. It's even vibrating and I have that option OFF.
    Messages+ Notification Sound Doesn't Work-messages-.jpg
    04-28-2018 01:37 AM
    I've also cleared cache for Messages+ That didn't work. Wiped the system cache, that didn't work.
    04-28-2018 02:17 AM
    Found the culprit! Under Notifications/Messages+ there are 3 of my contacts listed along with other options for Messages+ notifications. Have NO idea why those three contacts are listed there :o I've been using my husband's phone to send text messages to my phone while working on this problem. The notification sound set to his contact was different than the one I set globally for text messages. I've changed it and NOW I CAN GO TO BED because it's working Whew!
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-28-2018 03:04 AM