One thing I've noticed is that the ringtone volume coming from the earphone part (top of phone) is a lot softer/quieter than the volume coming from the bottom firing speaker - now this is expected and normal I think, but here's the issue I've noticed - the ringtone volume coming from the top speaker is even more soft/quiet when an actual call is coming through compared to when testing it in Settings. Can anyone else confirm this? You can test it by covering the bottom firing speaker with a finger/thumb and listening to how loud the top speaker is when the ringtone is playing. Compare the sound/volume of the top speaker between:
    1. when an actual call comes through
    verses
    2. testing it in Settings

Would appreciate it if at least a few people who read this thread post their results. Thanks in advance.
    04-28-2018 05:19 PM
    Confirmed. I noticed when my ringer started it had a slight ramping up of the sound but never did get as loud as the sound file playing by it's self.
    04-29-2018 04:18 AM
    Confirmed. I noticed when my ringer started it had a slight ramping up of the sound but never did get as loud as the sound file playing by it's self.
    Thanks Monica! I was thinking people were ignoring my thread! I'm certain this is a software issue for obvious reasons. It's not a big deal even if it's never fixed, but it would be nice if it was! Call me OCD!
    04-29-2018 04:34 AM
    Honestly my earphone speaker was quite loud when covering the bottom firing speaker as a call came in just this morning at 6 am! I'd say almost as loud as the bottom firing speaker but not as quite. I didn't want to wake everyone in the house & I had my volume turned up the whole way by accident though and use basic bell as my ringtone. I then tested it in settings outside and it was the same... Personally I'd rather the earphone speaker to be a bit lower but that's just me - I just dropped the volume to almost nothing but then risk missing calls.
    04-29-2018 05:42 AM
    Yes seems to be a wide spread problem
    04-29-2018 06:58 AM
    Honestly my earphone speaker was quite loud when covering the bottom firing speaker as a call came in just this morning at 6 am! I'd say almost as loud as the bottom firing speaker but not as quite. I didn't want to wake everyone in the house & I had my volume turned up the whole way by accident though and use basic bell as my ringtone. I then tested it in settings outside and it was the same... Personally I'd rather the earphone speaker to be a bit lower but that's just me - I just dropped the volume to almost nothing but then risk missing calls.
    I'm not sure how you're finding the earphone speaker to be "almost as loud" as the bottom firing speaker - I don't think that's physically possible, but I guess each individual's hearing perception is subjective. The "basic bell" ringtone probably isn't the best way to illustrate the issue described in my original post though - most of the other more sophisticated ringtones should demonstrate it better.
    04-29-2018 01:44 PM
    Thanks Monica! I was thinking people were ignoring my thread! I'm certain this is a software issue for obvious reasons. It's not a big deal even if it's never fixed, but it would be nice if it was! Call me OCD!
    Hello OCD, we have the same name!
    04-29-2018 05:21 PM
    I'm not sure how you're finding the earphone speaker to be "almost as loud" as the bottom firing speaker - I don't think that's physically possible, but I guess each individual's hearing perception is subjective. The "basic bell" ringtone probably isn't the best way to illustrate the issue described in my original post though - most of the other more sophisticated ringtones should demonstrate it better.
    Not sure either, its definitely not louder but is loud enough. From what I understood you saying is that you could barely hear your ringtone through the earphone speaker. It might have had something to do with it being 6am lol but I immediately covered the bottom firing speaker and still woke up my son in the next room.
    04-29-2018 06:55 PM
    Not sure either, its definitely not louder but is loud enough. From what I understood you saying is that you could barely hear your ringtone through the earphone speaker. It might have had something to do with it being 6am lol but I immediately covered the bottom firing speaker and still woke up my son in the next room.
    Even on non-maximum volume, I can certainly hear the ringtone from the earphone speaker - if you re-read my original post in this thread, that wasn't the issue I was trying to get others to confirm. I'm not sure if I can make the issue any clearer than my original post, so I'll just humbly ask you to re-read it.
    KP8819 likes this.
    04-30-2018 04:07 AM
    Do you guys have Atmos enabled?
    04-30-2018 07:51 AM
    Even on non-maximum volume, I can certainly hear the ringtone from the earphone speaker - if you re-read my original post in this thread, that wasn't the issue I was trying to get others to confirm. I'm not sure if I can make the issue any clearer than my original post, so I'll just humbly ask you to re-read it.
    My apologies, I see what you're saying now... It does seem a bit quieter when calls are coming in other than when testing but doesn't seem to be a huge amount - maybe due to the ringtone I use.
    I do have Dolby Atmos enabled.
    04-30-2018 08:17 AM
    My apologies, I see what you're saying now... It does seem a bit quieter when calls are coming in other than when testing but doesn't seem to be a huge amount - maybe due to the ringtone I use.
    I do have Dolby Atmos enabled.
    No apologies needed. Thanks for testing. Seems to be a universal "issue" and I can't think of a single advantage for it - surely it's a "bug" by Samsung? I'm yet to see someone post that they don't have this issue.
    04-30-2018 01:40 PM
    I've been tempted to enable Dolby Atmos, but have decided against it. I'm not an "audiophile" by any stretch of the imagination, but the apparent "better sounding" feel with Dolby Atmos enabled is perceived as somewhat fake, in my opinion. Each to his/her own though.
    04-30-2018 01:43 PM
    I do.
    04-30-2018 02:09 PM
    I do also
    05-01-2018 07:06 AM