Need help fast/switched from IPhone X to S9+

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I need help fast, I switched from IPhone X to S9+ and now I cannot get any messages on my Galaxy. I turned off I-messages on my IPhone X while sims card was still in my IPhone X like apple said to, and turned off I-messages on my IPad, but people are still calling me asking why I am not responding back to text messages. Had the phone for 2 days thinking it would take a little bit to switch over but 48 hours still no getting any text for my friends using their IPhones.
I heard this happens but don’t know what the fix is.

Can anybody tell me, or steer me in the right direction?

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I need help fast, I switched from IPhone X to S9+ and now I cannot get any messages on my Galaxy. I turned off I-messages on my IPhone X while sims card was still in my IPhone X like apple said to, and turned off I-messages on my IPad, but people are still calling me asking why I am not responding back to text messages. Had the phone for 2 days thinking it would take a little bit to switch over but 48 hours still no getting any text for my friends using their IPhones.
I heard this happens but don’t know what the fix is.

Can anybody tell me, or steer me in the right direction?
Have you gone to your carrier in store and have them provision your sim for the S9+??

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, turn off iMessages on phone while still had sims in, turn FaceTime off on phone. Turn off everything on iPad
If it still doesn't work after you've turned off iMessage on both devices, then you may need to complete additional steps outlined in the link posted by dpham00.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It takes a while for all of that to work. It took a solid month when I switched over. Here is what I had to do in addition to what you have already done.
1. Deregister from imessage using the link above.
2. This is Annoying but it worked. ANYONE who has you in their iPhone as an imessage needs to delete that text message thread and start a fresh new thread AFTER you have done what you have already done AND deregister.
This is the main reason I will never own an iPhone again.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Have all the people that originally had text conversations with you delete their current convo and send you a new text.

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I been trying that de registering my number on the site, but it says sent but I never get any text message. Hit resend and still doesn't send it

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Hmmmm...I put my SIM from my iPhone X into my Pixel 2 XL and I switch it out quite regularly and I don't have any issues with sending/receiving text messages.

Are they group messages that you're not getting? That could happen.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm...I put my SIM from my iPhone X into my Pixel 2 XL and I switch it out quite regularly and I don't have any issues with sending/receiving text messages.

Are they group messages that you're not getting? That could happen.

You were really lucky, when I switched my text messages were messed up for atleast a month.

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me. I had to turn off two step verification, as well as turn off imessage on iPad. I switch often, but probably will not in the future as it was a nightmare. Didn't even realize I wasn't getting texts for days.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
What i do when i switch is send a text to everyone that i know with an iPhone (that i text regularly) to let them know that i'm back on my android phone so make sure their messages are green.

In addition, i turn off iMessge and facetime on my phone. I ALSO deregister on the website posted above. If i do all 3 of those steps, it will normally work within a few hours.

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It takes a while for all of that to work. It took a solid month when I switched over. Here is what I had to do in addition to what you have already done.
1. Deregister from imessage using the link above.
2. This is Annoying but it worked. ANYONE who has you in their iPhone as an imessage needs to delete that text message thread and start a fresh new thread AFTER you have done what you have already done AND deregister.
This is the main reason I will never own an iPhone again.

Have never had to ask people to delete threads on their iPhones. Have switched several times between iPhone and Android without any problems. Just turn off iMessage and Facetime before you remove the sim-card. And make sure there is green bubbles instead blue bubbles.

kirkturk

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Update, I think it is working now. I been getting text from my wife IPhone, but other I have wrote i have not gotten any text yet..
Thank you all for your help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz