Hello,
    I need help fast, I switched from IPhone X to S9+ and now I cannot get any messages on my Galaxy. I turned off I-messages on my IPhone X while sims card was still in my IPhone X like apple said to, and turned off I-messages on my IPad, but people are still calling me asking why I am not responding back to text messages. Had the phone for 2 days thinking it would take a little bit to switch over but 48 hours still no getting any text for my friends using their IPhones.
    I heard this happens but don’t know what the fix is.

Can anybody tell me, or steer me in the right direction?
    04-29-2018 07:27 PM
    Hello,
    I need help fast, I switched from IPhone X to S9+ and now I cannot get any messages on my Galaxy. I turned off I-messages on my IPhone X while sims card was still in my IPhone X like apple said to, and turned off I-messages on my IPad, but people are still calling me asking why I am not responding back to text messages. Had the phone for 2 days thinking it would take a little bit to switch over but 48 hours still no getting any text for my friends using their IPhones.

Have you gone to your carrier in store and have them provision your sim for the S9+??
    04-29-2018 07:29 PM
    What does that do?
    Do you mean they have to reprogram the sim for a Galaxy phone?
    04-29-2018 07:39 PM
    What does that do?
    Do you mean they have to reprogram the sim for a Galaxy phone?
    They activate the sim in the S9+ to work on there network
    04-29-2018 07:40 PM
    Did you de register the line from imessage?

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/
    04-29-2018 07:53 PM
    Yep, turn off iMessages on phone while still had sims in, turn FaceTime off on phone. Turn off everything on iPad
    04-29-2018 08:08 PM
    What about your macs? Any MacBook or iMac with iMessage activated?
    djrakowski likes this.
    04-29-2018 08:22 PM
    Yep, turn off iMessages on phone while still had sims in, turn FaceTime off on phone. Turn off everything on iPad
    If it still doesn't work after you've turned off iMessage on both devices, then you may need to complete additional steps outlined in the link posted by dpham00.
    04-29-2018 08:26 PM
    Did you remove your iPhone from your iCloud and find my phone?
    djrakowski and Joshua Luther2 like this.
    04-29-2018 08:42 PM
    It takes a while for all of that to work. It took a solid month when I switched over. Here is what I had to do in addition to what you have already done.
    1. Deregister from imessage using the link above.
    2. This is Annoying but it worked. ANYONE who has you in their iPhone as an imessage needs to delete that text message thread and start a fresh new thread AFTER you have done what you have already done AND deregister.
    This is the main reason I will never own an iPhone again.
    04-29-2018 09:09 PM
    Have all the people that originally had text conversations with you delete their current convo and send you a new text.
    04-29-2018 09:37 PM
    Usually if you use the link provided that does the trick.
    04-29-2018 10:40 PM
    I been trying that de registering my number on the site, but it says sent but I never get any text message. Hit resend and still doesn't send it
    04-30-2018 08:59 AM
    I been trying that de registering my number on the site, but it says sent but I never get any text message. Hit resend and still doesn't send it
    I don't recall getting a message after doing it online.
    04-30-2018 10:34 AM
    Hmmmm...I put my SIM from my iPhone X into my Pixel 2 XL and I switch it out quite regularly and I don't have any issues with sending/receiving text messages.

Are they group messages that you're not getting? That could happen.
    04-30-2018 11:22 AM
    Hmmmm...I put my SIM from my iPhone X into my Pixel 2 XL and I switch it out quite regularly and I don't have any issues with sending/receiving text messages.

Are they group messages that you're not getting? That could happen.
    You were really lucky, when I switched my text messages were messed up for atleast a month.
    04-30-2018 01:12 PM
    This happened to me. I had to turn off two step verification, as well as turn off imessage on iPad. I switch often, but probably will not in the future as it was a nightmare. Didn't even realize I wasn't getting texts for days.
    04-30-2018 01:36 PM
    What i do when i switch is send a text to everyone that i know with an iPhone (that i text regularly) to let them know that i'm back on my android phone so make sure their messages are green.

In addition, i turn off iMessge and facetime on my phone. I ALSO deregister on the website posted above. If i do all 3 of those steps, it will normally work within a few hours.
    04-30-2018 02:36 PM
    It takes a while for all of that to work. It took a solid month when I switched over. Here is what I had to do in addition to what you have already done.
    1. Deregister from imessage using the link above.
    2. This is Annoying but it worked. ANYONE who has you in their iPhone as an imessage needs to delete that text message thread and start a fresh new thread AFTER you have done what you have already done AND deregister.
    This is the main reason I will never own an iPhone again.
    Have never had to ask people to delete threads on their iPhones. Have switched several times between iPhone and Android without any problems. Just turn off iMessage and Facetime before you remove the sim-card. And make sure there is green bubbles instead blue bubbles.
    04-30-2018 04:45 PM
    Update, I think it is working now. I been getting text from my wife IPhone, but other I have wrote i have not gotten any text yet..
    Thank you all for your help
    04-30-2018 07:29 PM
    Hello,

I think apple has a site you can go to confirm and then restart your new phone. Yeah what they said lol 🤔
    04-30-2018 07:54 PM
    Have never had to ask people to delete threads on their iPhones. Have switched several times between iPhone and Android without any problems. Just turn off iMessage and Facetime before you remove the sim-card. And make sure there is green bubbles instead blue bubbles.
    Good for you, I had to.
    04-30-2018 08:32 PM