So i currently have an S8+. I'm about a month over my time to do my upgrade on the AT&T next program.

But I've been just holding off on getting the S9+. My initial plan was to wait and go for the Note 9, but that's still at least 4+ months away. I was also even contemplating going the LG G7 route but now that AT&T said they won't be carrying it, that's kind of shot.

I've also seen reports that for next year with Samsung doing something big for the 10 year anniversary that the S10 might be something pretty awesome, so if i wait for the note series, i'm then off my 1 year upgrade cycle, so that would give me incentive to upgrade now to the S9+. Then again i'm already 2 months behind on the cycle. That also being said, I feel like I've always heard that the Note series has always been a solid choice (no mentioning the Note 7 fiasco)

My biggest reason for holding off on the S9+, is i just don't see enough of a change to make it worth it. I use my camera but not enough to make that the reason to upgrade.

Is there something i'm missing out on that would make me want to jump from the S8+ to the S9+?
    05-04-2018 09:35 AM
    Especially if the camera is not a big feature for you, stick with the S8+. You will wonder why you upgraded.
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    05-04-2018 09:45 AM
    According to all the well known tech gurus on You Tube, there is really no good reason to upgrade from the S8+
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    05-04-2018 11:58 AM
    So i currently have an S8+. I'm about a month over my time to do my upgrade on the AT&T next program.

But I've been just holding off on getting the S9+. My initial plan was to wait and go for the Note 9, but that's still at least 4+ months away. I was also even contemplating going the LG G7 route but now that AT&T said they won't be carrying it, that's kind of shot.

I've also seen reports that for next year with Samsung doing something big for the 10 year anniversary that the S10 might be something pretty awesome, so if i wait for the note series, i'm then off my 1 year upgrade cycle, so that would give me incentive to upgrade now to the S9+. Then again i'm already 2 months behind on the cycle. That also being said, I feel like I've always heard that the Note series has always been a solid choice (no mentioning the Note 7 fiasco)

My biggest reason for holding off on the S9+, is i just don't see enough of a change to make it worth it. I use my camera but not enough to make that the reason to upgrade.

Is there something i'm missing out on that would make me want to jump from the S8+ to the S9+?
    The dual camera is nice and the stereo speakers but that's about it. I'd hold on to the s8 if you're on the fence.
    05-04-2018 12:36 PM
    If video matters, the S9 shoots super smooth 4k video now in 60fps. Something I wish my V30 could do.
    05-04-2018 03:06 PM
    According to all the well known tech gurus on You Tube, there is really no good reason to upgrade from the S8+
    Personally, the fps and stereo speakers were significantly improved over the s8+. Especially fps....much more accurate on the s9 for me.
    05-04-2018 04:13 PM
    May want to hold out a bit longer. AT&T is talking about the LG V35 in the coming months instead of G7. There is an article on here.

https://m.androidcentral.com/att-mig...nstead-g7-year
    05-04-2018 10:15 PM
    Personally, the fps and stereo speakers were significantly improved over the s8+. Especially fps....much more accurate on the s9 for me.
    The fingerprint reader is also in a *much* better location.
    05-04-2018 10:46 PM
    The fingerprint reader is also in a *much* better location.
    Well I think that the accuracy is partially tied to the location.
    05-05-2018 09:26 AM
    As far as the Note line, there was nothing wrong with the 7, it was the battery. Instead of a few bad ones, there were only a few good ones. Talk to anyone who kept a Note 7 - they're pretty good phones for their time.

The 9 probably won't be much of a change from the 8 - about the only reason to get one would be that you like the S-Pen and what it can do. (I found it a lot easier to take screenshots, and I took a lot of them, so ...)

The S10? I can't imagine what they'd do that would be awesome, except make a camera with an f0.8 lens, 10:1 zoom (physical, not trickery) and a choice of f-stop or shutter speed priority. (But cameras like that sell for the same price as the phone - for just a camera.) 512GB storage? I doubt it. 16GB RAM? That's like a 55 foot tractor-trailer for a family car. FM radio? That would be "we finally caught up", and Samsung doesn't play that game. And there's nothing in the works, like iris or fingerprint scanning, that they could add to a phone.

Monthly security updates would be something awesome for Samsung. So would putting the "service" back into customer service, but I can't see them doing either one.
    05-05-2018 12:31 PM
    Well I think that the accuracy is partially tied to the location.
    Huh?
    05-05-2018 12:59 PM
    You might as well wait for the Note 9... I have the S8+ and will be upgrading to Note 9 when it comes out.. especially when rumors says they releasing it earlier this year.
    05-05-2018 01:11 PM
    I say if you didn't make the jump at this point wait a little longer and see what comes out , if anything you dont like you can still get s9+ but a lot cheaper at that time
    05-05-2018 10:35 PM
    The question I'd ask is how annoying you find the FPS on the S8? Personally that was enough of a reason for me the other features are then a bonus. YMMV
    05-06-2018 02:58 AM
    You might as well wait for the Note 9... I have the S8+ and will be upgrading to Note 9 when it comes out.. especially when rumors says they releasing it earlier this year.
    Sounds expensive.
    05-06-2018 09:27 AM
    May want to hold out a bit longer. AT&T is talking about the LG V35 in the coming months instead of G7. There is an article on here.

https://m.androidcentral.com/att-mig...nstead-g7-year
    I saw this too. I've never had an LG phone and i've heard good things about the V series
    05-07-2018 08:41 AM
    I saw this too. I've never had an LG phone and i've heard good things about the V series
    I owned a V20. It was my first (and last) LG phone.
    05-07-2018 08:49 AM
    The question I'd ask is how annoying you find the FPS on the S8? Personally that was enough of a reason for me the other features are then a bonus. YMMV
    I actually ended up not using the FPS very much and most likely due to the placement, I think if it had the placement on the S9, i might have adopted it, but i don't see myself beginning to use it even if i got the S9.
    05-07-2018 08:51 AM
    I owned a V20. It was my first (and last) LG phone.
    What kinds of issues did you have or did you not like about it.
    05-07-2018 09:20 AM
    What kinds of issues did you have or did you not like about it.
    Well the major issues were 1) it had to be replaced after 6 months because it would often hang when booting. And then 2) an OS update on top of that, bricked it.

And 6 months after I got the replacement, it started slowing down drastically. A factory reset didn't help.

And even if those hadn't been issues, I just like Samsung better.

I'm on my 6th Samsung phone.
    05-07-2018 09:29 AM
    Huh?
    The location of the fps matters. The s9+ location is much better for me
    tadpoles likes this.
    05-07-2018 01:05 PM
    if u really need a S pen wait for Note 9 or buy the S9+...if u not in a hurry wait what note 9 offers ...or u can buy S9+ at much lower price once note launches
    05-07-2018 06:19 PM
    if u really need a S pen wait for Note 9 or buy the S9+...if u not in a hurry wait what note 9 offers ...or u can buy S9+ at much lower price once note launches
    In the usa or doesn't really drop that much. The Note 8 or s8+ isn't much cheaper than the s9+
    05-08-2018 03:54 PM