I was able to take advantage of the Samsung Trade in Program. I Bought a S9+ and was able to get $300 for my S7 provided I send the S7 back within 15 days of receiving the S9. If I don't comply I am charged the $300.

I missed the home delivery of my S9 and it was held at the local shipping hub. I picked it up on March 28th from the hub. I received a confirmation email from Samsung showing 3/28 as the delivered day. So, the 15 day clock is ticking.

I droped off my old S7 at the shipping center the evening of April 11th and got a drop off receipt confirming it. Exactly 15 days after I got the new phone.

For some unknown reason Samsung considered my phone delivered on March 24th. So, they said the phone had to in the mail by April 7th and charged my credit card $300.

I have been fighting with Samsung for over a month on this. They refuse to look at the proof that substantiates my claim. On one phone conversation the rep actually said, "If I could refund your money I would", after looking at my photographic proof. But they said it was in the hands of E-Commerce to make the decision.

I ended up filing a fraud claim with my credit card. They looked at my evidence and put the $300 back on my card.

Has anybody else gone through this with Samsung?
    05-04-2018 10:30 PM
    that sucks...I heard some had issues like yours glad your credit card reversed it
    05-04-2018 10:58 PM
    I did the trade in and received my credit. I sent back my phone on the same day their box arrived at my house (after taking pictures of my phone showing it was in perfect condition, just in case). Unfortunately I've found, in the past, that Samsung will only do right if you confront them thru social media. My friend had an s7 that the battery had swelled to the point of popping the back off the phone. Talk about a fire hazard! We called them and they refused to do anything, literally. I then videotaped what happened to the phone, put it on Samsung's Facebook page and YouTube with the hashtag 'Samsung' and they suddenly fell over themselves trying to fix the issue. Shouldn't have to embarrass them to get them to fix their mistakes, but you unfortunately do. They sent my friend a new phone and also deleted my video off of their Facebook page.
    05-04-2018 11:49 PM
    Oh no :o My S7 is boxed and ready to ship to Verizon. I went on line, on the 14th day of receiving my S9+, to fill out the info and send in my S7. I didn't realize I had to be sent a box and shipping label. It took a few days for that to arrive but the rep said I was good as long as I mail it back in 15 days of getting the return packaging. I hope she knew what she was talking about. But before I send it, I'm going to take it out of the box and take pictures of it!
    05-05-2018 12:05 AM
    I had a similar problem with the company (The phone is great)

My online deal was a brand new S8 for $450 as long as I turned in my old S5 and it was in working condition. In 3 weeks they charged me $175 because they said that the screen had a chip out of it. The chip was out of the screen protector but they wouldn't budge so I called Chase and disputed the charge. After a week the money went back on the card and Samsung never replied to Chase's request for comment.
    05-05-2018 01:53 AM
    interesting... when i bought my UK s9+ i gave them my s6 IMEI with the trade in program and the discount was applied instantly when i bought the phone.
    it seems samsung is doing this differently in the US
    05-05-2018 06:55 AM
    I also took pictures my the two S7 Edge's I returned. It took Samsung over a month to acknowledge they received the devices and I was good to go. Definitely not the quickest process but I can only imagine how many phones were shipped back to them. I do keep my devices pretty much near mint - I usually do the trade as they offer more than what you could sell outright for.
    05-05-2018 06:55 AM
    I did the trade in and received my credit. I sent back my phone on the same day their box arrived at my house (after taking pictures of my phone showing it was in perfect condition, just in case). Unfortunately I've found, in the past, that Samsung will only do right if you confront them thru social media. My friend had an s7 that the battery had swelled to the point of popping the back off the phone. Talk about a fire hazard! We called them and they refused to do anything, literally. I then videotaped what happened to the phone, put it on Samsung's Facebook page and YouTube with the hashtag 'Samsung' and they suddenly fell over themselves trying to fix the issue. Shouldn't have to embarrass them to get them to fix their mistakes, but you unfortunately do. They sent my friend a new phone and also deleted my video off of their Facebook page.
    Was it within warranty? Or out of warranty?
    05-05-2018 09:22 AM
    Was it within warranty? Or out of warranty?
    It was out. And that was their original point. The Samsung employee actually said to me that the batteries are only meant to last a year to 1-1/2 years. My point was that the thing would catch fire and burn the house down! Also I know 5 people who have the S7 and 4 out of those 5 are having similar issues. But that's a whole other story. I ended up taking a video of the phone and posting it on social media. That got their attention.
    05-05-2018 10:00 AM
    Hi,
    I've just had an email from Samsung to say the phone I returned had a cracked/chipped screen. The phone has always been kept in a leather case and a glass screen protector was covering the screen.
    Samsung now want £100.00 as an 'excess'.
    My phone was in pristine condition and the photo they sent could be of any Iphone. I don't believe for one minute that my phone was damaged and this is just a scam.
    If you look online, they pulled the same stunt in the USA.
    09-11-2018 06:33 PM
    Hi,
    I've just had an email from Samsung to say the phone I returned had a cracked/chipped screen. The phone has always been kept in a leather case and a glass screen protector was covering the screen.
    Samsung now want £100.00 as an 'excess'.
    My phone was in pristine condition and the photo they sent could be of any Iphone. I don't believe for one minute that my phone was damaged and this is just a scam.
    If you look online, they pulled the same stunt in the USA.
    Always, always, always take pictures or videos of your phone before shipping. So you have proof of it's condition before you send it. I even take a picture of it in the shipping box to show how well packaged it is before mailing back.
    SR45 likes this.
    09-13-2018 02:19 PM