I have kept insurance on last couple of phones through Verizon. Lately my FB feed has been popping up with Square Trade insurance.

Anyone use Square Trade?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dich vu giup viec nha tron goi giúp việc nhà giá rẻ
    05-06-2018 04:40 PM
    I have kept insurance on last couple of phones through Verizon. Lately my FB feed has been popping up with Square Trade insurance.

Anyone use Square Trade?
    I used to, but I went back to my carrier's insurance, because Squaretrade doesn't cover stolen devices.
    05-06-2018 05:26 PM
    I don't use phone insurance. Most people I know just use the carrier one since it covers loss/theft (as stated above).
    05-06-2018 07:10 PM
    I use square trade. I had to replace several Galaxy s6's, works well.
    05-06-2018 10:31 PM
    I don't use insurance because I don't lose phones and LG has two year warranties and even if I broke my phone the money I've saved over years of no insurance and not paying deductible still puts me out way ahead.
    tube517 likes this.
    05-07-2018 08:41 AM
    I don't use insurance because I don't lose phones and LG has two year warranties and even if I broke my phone the money I've saved over years of no insurance and not paying deductible still puts me out way ahead.
    And nobody will ever steal your phone.

And you've been putting the money you've saved (by not having insurance) , in a savings account, to cover the replacement cost of your phone that will never get stolen or damaged?
    05-07-2018 08:53 AM
    And nobody will ever steal your phone.

And you've been putting the money you've saved (by not having insurance) , in a savings account, to cover the replacement cost of your phone that will never get stolen or damaged?
    I've not ever had a phone stolen and your point about what I did with the money I have not spent is irrelevant.
    05-07-2018 09:03 AM
    I've not ever had a phone stolen and your point about what I did with the money I have not spent is irrelevant.
    And special person that you are, your phone will never be stolen or damaged.

I wish I had your mojo.
    05-07-2018 09:07 AM
    And special person that you are, your phone will never be stolen or damaged.

I wish I had your mojo.
    Phone insurance is a money making business. You get a refurbished phone as a replacement. I can understand if someone has bad luck with phones but for most people they pay more into it than they get out of it.
    05-07-2018 09:23 AM
    .. for most people they pay more into it than they get out of it.
    That's pretty much how insurance works, yeah.
    05-07-2018 09:57 AM
    That's pretty much how insurance works, yeah.
    Thank you for your smart reply. But do the math for your own needs. Chances are that it isn't worth it unless you have a habit of breaking or losing phones.
    05-07-2018 10:10 AM
    Thank you for your smart reply. But do the math for your own needs. Chances are that it isn't worth it unless you have a habit of breaking or losing phones.
    It's worth it to me, because I can't cough up $800 to replace my phone, if it gets lost, stolen or damaged.
    05-07-2018 10:20 AM
    It's worth it to me, because I can't cough up $800 to replace my phone, if it gets lost, stolen or damaged.
    Why pay $800? Just repair your phone if damaged. A replacement screen would be about what the deductible costs. If it needs to be replaced then you most likely have paid into it good bit to where the payoff would be much cheaper and then you could get a brand new phone on 0% interest payment plan that all the big carriers do.
    05-07-2018 10:27 AM
    Why pay $800? Just repair your phone if damaged. A replacement screen would be about what the deductible costs. If it needs to be replaced then you most likely have paid into it good bit to where the payoff would be much cheaper and then you could get a brand new phone on 0% interest payment plan that all the big carriers do.
    I had a phone die once.
    The screen wasn't the issue and the phone was barely out of warranty. I still owed over $300 on it.

The insurance deductible was around $100.00.

As it was, I had to borrow the $100.00 from a friend.

Fast forward a few years to now.

I just got a shiny new Samsung Galaxy S9+.
    It's like a $900.00 phone.

If I lose it, or if someone steals it, I'm on the hook for the entire replacement cost, if I don't have insurance.

The insurance is definitely worth it to me.
    05-07-2018 03:21 PM
    Squaretrade here. Only had to file a claim once, & it was pretty flawless
    05-08-2018 08:39 PM