Streaming quality worse

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
Hey Android Central Community!!

I just got my S9+ and couldn't be happier!!! Just left the s8 and decided it was time for a bigger phone.

I don't use my phone for a whole hell of a lot but when I use it, I like it to work the way past ones have. I've come to a problem now. Google play music - galaxy s9+ - streaming to car audio..

Let me be a little more clear....with the s8 I used to have problems with the equalizer dampening the sound when streamed into the truck. I listen to everything: rock, classic rock, hip hop, electronic, trance etc. I noticed with the s8 if I got a text message or any type of notification, it would sometimes dull the sound and not bring it back up to level. I would have to turn the truck off and the Bluetooth of my phone and reconnect the connection. I found if I turned the equalizer off through app selections, I could avoid this said problem.

With the S9+ I IMMEDIATELY noticed a change in quality. It sounds, clearer, I could say. But the guitar riffs don't seem to have the effect they did. Listening to electronic or hip hop there is no bass with the volume at 12. I have to turn the volume to 19 in my truck. (2018 f150 with Sony speakers) with the s8, at 12, the mirror would shake.

I have been through every option in the S9+ equalizer and have tried to adjust every option to get the original sound back, but I can not get it. Can anyone suggest an app to buy or download for free that I can adjust better...? I'm lost. I just want my old sound back!!!

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure how to fix this. I have searched endless times and can not find how to get the original sound back. Carry my s8 in my pocket for audio?!

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using different Bluetooth codecs?

In developer options you can change which Bluetooth format the phone is using perhaps you can raise it to a higher quality one and get more fidelity

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
Have you tried using different Bluetooth codecs?

In developer options you can change which Bluetooth format the phone is using perhaps you can raise it to a higher quality one and get more fidelity

No I haven't checked that yet. Didn't even know about it!! My notification sounds come through LOUD! And my music isn't anywhere near the radio volume.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
No I haven't checked that yet. Didn't even know about it!! My notification sounds come through LOUD! And my music isn't anywhere near the radio volume.
Yeah based off of that it sounds like it's the actual app you're using isn't putting out the correct quality or a high-quality

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
And I'll assume you put it to the highest quality inside of Google Play Music?

If you do all of that and then I'm not really sure what the problem is

Sure did. Not sure what's going on. I take my s8 into the truck and stream and it's loud. Go back to s9+ and it's quiet lower

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
Ok one more thing to try.... Checking your Bluetooth settings see if you have dual audio enable and if so disable it

No, dual audio is disabled. Been trying to use Poweramp and Samsung music and cloud music importer to play different songs. Everything is the same. Nothing changes.

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
Ok. I give up!!!! I have been messing with it for the passed hour. Both phones in my truck. Connected to sync. One is louder one is more quiet. Totally tried to force stop soundalive for the S9+ and it did nothing. I'm lost, and frustrated.

Royal Dream

May 7, 2018
Visit site
OH MY GOD!!!! I FOUND A FIX!!!! anyone who is dealing with this problem. Go download equalizer fx pro from the playstore. It costs 2.39 to disable the equalizer but now my speakers are SCREAMING at me again!!!