Wait for the Note 9 or buy the S9 Plus unlocked if good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I plan on buying the Note 9 in sept when it comes out since I got the Note 8 currently. If it does indeed doesn't have in screen finger print scanner and not much different than Note 8, should I buy the S9 Plus instead? I don't use the spen much but it is a game changer when you need it for something. Also, if there is a sale on it would it be a better choice if the price is good and the Note is like close to $1000?

Matzosy

May 13, 2018
Visit site
If you don't use the spen too much then you must go for the S9 plus. I am a samsung user for a long time. Some time samsung phone give you some lags. I decide to go for htc. I will wait for the u12 plus.
But some people said the s9 plus is smooth and fast.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
If u not in a hurry wait for Note 9 see what it offers ...otherwise buy the S9+ at a cheaper price
I shifted from Note 8 to S9+ 128gb and can't be happier...from amazing battery life to size and amazing stereo speakers...and very very good camera

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That pretty much says that you'll miss the S-Pen when you'd need it - so wait.

When I bought the S8 Plus I said I wouldn't buy the Note 8 cause I don't use spen much.

Then I ordered the Note 8!

I still have the tab s3 though too!

Flossy Carter said when the Note 9 comes out then it's lights out for the s9 basically.

Matzosy

May 13, 2018
Visit site
you are flossy Carter fan. Me too. He make honest review.
When I bought the S8 Plus I said I wouldn't buy the Note 8 cause I don't use spen much.

Then I ordered the Note 8!

I still have the tab s3 though too!

Flossy Carter said when the Note 9 comes out then it's lights out for the s9 basically.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I saw the One Plus 6, 8gb and 256gb storage is only $629!
It has a while huge list of compromises as well. With as much as you fret about Samsung devices, I can't imagine you getting the OP 6 and being happy about it when you see the Note 9. OP looks good on the spec sheet but massively under-delivers for the overall quality of product and services.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Greggles was saying today that the Note 9 is rumored to launch at the end of July due to disappointing sales of the S9 line and to get it out before iphone.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That July thing was rumored before the S9 went on sale, so I don't think it's a response to sales figures.

Well, IF the Note 9 is like close to $1000 and only a minor bump over the Note 8 then I might seriously consider getting the s9 plus. Plus with the deals by then on them I'd save some $$. I'd still have tab s3 for the spen fix and by then I might just buy tab s4.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Well, IF the Note 9 is like close to $1000 and only a minor bump over the Note 8 then I might seriously consider getting the s9 plus. Plus with the deals by then on them I'd save some $$. I'd still have tab s3 for the spen fix and by then I might just buy tab s4.
IF? Of course it will be close to $1000.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it was $925 last year right? But with tax yea it comes close to it, plus buying a couple cases for it too.
Verizon shows the Note 8 as $960 retail even today. Of course you can do better. When the Note 9 comes out, they will offer trade in deals and a free accessory or two as early incentives. Best Buy will probably have gift card bonus - the usual deals will be around. But yeah, it will retail at close to $1000.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Verizon shows the Note 8 as $960 retail even today. Of course you can do better. When the Note 9 comes out, they will offer trade in deals and a free accessory or two as early incentives. Best Buy will probably have gift card bonus - the usual deals will be around. But yeah, it will retail at close to $1000.

Why are Verizon's phones always priced so high? LOL no way I'd pay that for a Note 8 right now.

Carrier phones also seem to run a tad higher at Best Buy as well.

Best Buy currently has the s9 plus verizon for $912 lol.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'd wait to see what promos the carriers offer to compete with the next iPhone rollout. BOGOs and such make a big difference, plus waiting a little helps avoid major product snafus and recalls.

Status
Not open for further replies.