I accidentally cracked the screen. Is it covered under the one year warranty that I could take it to their partner (ubreakfix) to have it changed out?
    05-16-2018 11:48 AM
    I accidentally cracked the screen. Is it covered under the one year warranty that I could take it to their partner (ubreakfix) to have it changed out?
    If you're referring to the standard warranty that covers defects, then no, they won't cover damage you have caused. If you're referring to some other protection program that you pay for separately, then perhaps. Depends on the coverage you have. Standard warranty won't cover accidental damage, only hardware defects.
    05-16-2018 12:09 PM
    Samsung has something VERY similar to Apple Care, BUT like Apple Care you must buy it when you buy the phone....

Samsung Protection Plus
    05-16-2018 12:22 PM
    Samsung has something VERY similar to Apple Care, BUT like Apple Care you must buy it when you buy the phone....

Samsung Protection Plus

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=0iUM8naW

Per Samsung website :
    Samsung Protection Plus must be purchased within 365 days of purchasing your new Samsung device.
    05-16-2018 12:38 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=MsYLBeZ8

Per Samsung website :
    Samsung Protection Plus must be purchased within 365 days of purchasing your new Samsung device.
    Ok sounds like he might still be able to purchase it then, BUT sometimes buying insurance AFTER an incident and then using that insurance can be legally questionable.
    05-16-2018 02:34 PM
    Ok sounds like he might still be able to purchase it then, BUT sometimes buying insurance AFTER an incident and then using that insurance can be legally questionable.
    I was just pointing out the fact that you were wrong when you said that you must buy it with the phone. Whether or not you can buy it and make a claim depends on the terms and conditions. For example, for Verizon extended warranty, it explicitly says that pre existing conditions are covered. I am not familiar with Samsung terms though.

cracked screen-uploadfromtaptalk1526500720110.jpg

Also, even if it's too late this time, he can buy it for next time. So it's still good to know that you can buy Samsung insurance within 365 days.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-16-2018 02:59 PM
    I was just pointing out the fact that you were wrong when you said that you must buy it with the phone. Whether or not you can buy it and make a claim depends on the terms and conditions. For example, for Verizon extended warranty, it explicitly says that pre existing conditions are covered. I am not familiar with Samsung terms though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1526500720110.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	555.8 KB 
ID:	284249

Also, even if it's too late this time, he can buy it for next time. So it's still good to know that you can buy Samsung insurance within 365 days.
    Gotcha Looking at the Verizon info, I still don't think they would cover prior damage, defect YES, but damage? In any event I suggest the OP check the Samsung terms, etc.
    05-16-2018 03:06 PM