changing default photo editor app

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
hi..So, typically I've used Aviary. Samsung, as it tends to do, has its own solution. But I'm used to Aviary.

I looked in changing default apps. Either I missed something or it can't be done..

But is there a way to change Aviary to the default photo editor? So you take a shot, click the thumbnail in Camera, click EDIT and Aviary comes up instead of Samsung Photo Editor.

And if so, any downsides? I see an app of Samsung's called "360 photo editor," but no icon to launch. So I'm assuming it is connected only through camera.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in Settings/Apps for the Samsung editor. If you find it, look for Defaults, go in there and disable it. Then you'll be asked which app to use the next time you click a thumbnail. Choose Aviary and choose Always.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Look in Settings/Apps for the Samsung editor. If you find it, look for Defaults, go in there and disable it. Then you'll be asked which app to use the next time you click a thumbnail. Choose Aviary and choose Always.

Disable is grayed out..
Apparently cannot be disabled...

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung photo editor is integrated into the gallery app, meaning they're actually just one app, as far as I can tell. So I'd expect you really can't tell that app to use something other than itself. There may be others who do know but AFAIK you can't. Maybe there's a work around like using the share option if Aviary is one of the apps that shows up on the share menu.