Best Buy Deal ($300 off) S9 and S9+

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I hope so but at VZW 12.50 a month MEANS you only save 12.50 for each month you pay so if you pay off in 3 months you only save 37.50 off of full price.

That's not the way I understand it unless VZW is doing it differently than AT&T.. I've described how the deal worked for me so I assume it's the same with VZW. BB instantly puts the $300 down. So you are financing $300 less. Hence the smaller payments. The payments are based off what you've financed.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That's not the way I understand it unless VZW is doing it differently than AT&T.. I've described how the deal worked for me so I assume it's the same with VZW. BB instantly puts the $300 down. So you are financing $300 less. Hence the smaller payments. The payments are based off what you've financed.
I asked BB support on Twitter but got no reply

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I asked BB support on Twitter but got no reply

You might have better luck just going into a BB store. Not sure when the deal ends but BB tends to runs most sales Sun-Sat..

The VZW price is $792 so you'd be financing $492 through VZW. If you put additional cash down then you'd finance less obviously.

If you financed the $492 and made payments then the amount you owe would decrease every month by the amount you are paying.

Example:

Finance the $492 and payments are $20.50 a month for 24 months
  • Make 3 payments ($61.50) and you'd owe VZW $430.50 if you wanted to pay it off
  • Make 6 payments ($123) and you'd owe VZW $369 if you wanted to pay it off.
It's not a bill credit, it;s a down payment that BB is doing. All VZW should see is the amount you've financed. In this case you'd be financing $492 through them if you didn't put anything more down.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You might have better luck just going into a BB store. Not sure when the deal ends but BB tends to runs most sales Sun-Sat..

The VZW price is $792 so you'd be financing $492 through VZW. If you put additional cash down then you'd finance less obviously.

If you financed the $492 and made payments then the amount you owe would decrease every month by the amount you are paying.

Example:

Finance the $492 and payments are $20.50 a month for 24 months
  • Make 3 payments ($61.50) and you'd owe VZW $430.50 if you wanted to pay it off
  • Make 6 payments ($123) and you'd owe VZW $369 if you wanted to pay it off.
It's not a bill credit, it;s a down payment that BB is doing. All VZW should see is the amount you've financed. In this case you'd be financing $492 through them if you didn't put anything more down.
I understand wbatvyou are saying but in the fine print of the deal on BB site it clearly says you save 12.50 a month nothing about 300 off the top.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I understand wbatvyou are saying but in the fine print of the deal on BB site it clearly says you save 12.50 a month nothing about 300 off the top.

Well I don't know what else to say then.. Here is a screenshot of my BB S9 purchase taken from my AT&T account.

Notice the down payment amount? It says $750 but I only put $450 down of my own money and BB put down the other $300..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-06-03 at 07.22.10.png
    Screenshot 2018-06-03 at 07.22.10.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 30

Bruce_205

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I bought one last Saturday and got this deal. Also picked up an Otterbox case and they matched Amazon's price so the $39 case became $24.

A lady came in to buy one also. I think I got their last coral blue S9 and she took a black one. They're really moving these phones!

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
HTC 10 user on Sprint here. I've been looking to upgrade since I paid off my phone earlier this year, and I wouldn't mind holding onto the 10 as a back-up while it's still working properly. I've had nothing but HTC smartphones this decade, but this sale might be the thing that makes my decision here!

Truth be told, I wasn't crazy about either the S9 or iPhone when I started looking up reviews and such. But it's at a point where each phone out there is going to have its pros and cons, and anything missed on them is probably fairly minimal. On top of that, the U12+ isn't being offered on Sprint... and their support system for repairs and readily available accessories is very shaky, at best. Although I've looked into other carriers for possibly getting it, I'm also not looking into getting a higher bill with throttling at this point. I don't really have coverage issues with Sprint either, and the T-Mobile roaming agreement will probably help with the one area I have trouble in at some point here.

So yeah... I'll probably head to Best Buy afterward and see if this is something I should pull the trigger on! Perhaps I'll be posting more on this forum shortly. ;)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't know what else to say then.. Here is a screenshot of my BB S9 purchase taken from my AT&T account.

Notice the down payment amount? It says $750 but I only put $450 down of my own money and BB put down the other $300..
I have Verizon which is why I questioned you but according the BB reps you are right. It works as you said and can be used in VZW.