Facebook sounds

Jane Crier

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with not being able to turn off facebook sounds in the app? When I like a comment it makes a sound and I cannot find where to switch this off. Also if I click onto a post to look at the comments i get a sound everytime there is a new comment. VERY ANNOYING!!! There is no option I can see for "sound" in the app settings.
Also, anyone finding that changes you make to app settings mysteriously get turned back on?

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Open the Facebook app on your phone
Click the 3 lines in the upper right (under the messager icon)
Click on App settings
Disable the option "Sounds in the App"

gypsiegirl222

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
OMG YES!! This is so annoying. I am not a child & do not need the sounds on when I like or react to a post/photo. There is not an App setting nor an option to turn off sounds on the s9 Plus. I don't want to always keep my phone on silent & would love an admin or someone to answer this.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
This just started happening to me when I received Oreo update on my S7. So it appears to be an Oreo issue and not Facebook. I can find no setting either in the app or Facebook settings to turn it off. Very annoying!

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
In the Facebook app, click the three lines (hamburger menu) in the top right.

Scroll down to Settings and Privacy. Click that.

Next, click Settings.

After that, click Media and Contacts.

That's where you can turn off sounds.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Open the Facebook app on your phone
Click the 3 lines in the upper right (under the messager icon)
Click on App settings
Disable the option "Sounds in the App"

Thank you so much for posting this - I too dislike hearing sounds every time I "like" a post or make a comment.

Marensgrammy

Jun 24, 2018
Visit site
I have the S9+. I can't find where to turn off Facebook sounds when I touch the response buttons such as "LIKE"
.I have read other replys but they don't reflect the S9+. It is driving me crazy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the S9+. I can't find where to turn off Facebook sounds when I touch the response buttons such as "LIKE"
.I have read other replys but they don't reflect the S9+. It is driving me crazy.

The first response with steps didn't work for me; but the reply that I quoted in my post above did. Did that process not work for you? Have you tried looking in your general Settings app on Facebook?

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I can't find anything in Facebook where I can change it. This is how the S9+.

Facebook keeps moving it around.

1) Open the Facebook app on your phone
2) Click the 3 lines in the upper right (under the messager icon)
3) Scroll the list down and open "Settings & Privacy"
4) Click on "Settings"
5) Scroll down to the "Media" area and click on "Sounds for reactions"
6) Select "Off"

gbrayut

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The Media and Contacts entry at the bottom the of the Setting section was missing on my Wife's Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U1). Instead I was able to open that section using Find Friends -> contacts -> settings. No idea why the section was missing from the main settings page, but any changes you make still seem to work once you can get into that section.

See details at https://android.stackexchange.com/a/204096/1357

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol