Sometimes when I open my camera via the shortcut app, after a few seconds the screen will then go blank. I then have to unlock my phone, open the camera app, and then take my pictures.

This problem makes me miss some cool picture that I wanted to take.

I have checked and no app is causing my lock screen to turn off.

As I mentioned, it would be random. Sometimes it would work, other times it would not.

Any suggestions?
    06-04-2018 09:10 PM
    This suggestion may not appears wiser, but what I'd do first is Goto
    settings >>Locate the Reset & Back up >> and Reset the phone
    settings to its default level..Restart the device - Better now.?
    06-04-2018 09:52 PM
    Trying to not reset phone just yet.
    06-04-2018 09:59 PM
    What do you mean by the "shortcut app"?

For me, I noticed a similar (or same?) issue prior to the latest firmware update (May). When accessing the camera via the "Quick launch" (quickly pressing Power key twice), I'd randomly notice a blank screen appearing for about 5-6 seconds (sometimes felt like 10 seconds or more?), as if there was significant lag, before the Camera app finally appeared. When it worked normally, it would only take 1-2 seconds to open the camera via this "Quick launch".
    The most reliable way to try to reproduce this was to ensure the Camera app was closed (not in the background etc) and to leave the phone for at least 5-10 minutes - perhaps to get "Doze" activated? - prior to quickly pressing the power key twice to bring up the Camera app.

Since the latest May update though, I haven't noticed this issue and can't reproduce it anymore.
    06-05-2018 02:21 AM
    What do you mean by the "shortcut app"?

For me, I noticed a similar (or same?) issue prior to the latest firmware update (May). When accessing the camera via the "Quick launch" (quickly pressing Power key twice), I'd randomly notice a blank screen appearing for about 5-6 seconds (sometimes felt like 10 seconds or more?), as if there was significant lag, before the Camera app finally appeared. When it worked normally, it would only take 1-2 seconds to open the camera via this "Quick launch".
    The most reliable way to try to reproduce this was to ensure the Camera app was closed (not in the background etc) and to leave the phone for at least 5-10 minutes - perhaps to get "Doze" activated? - prior to quickly pressing the power key twice to bring up the Camera app.

Since the latest May update though, I haven't noticed this issue and can't reproduce it anymore.
    Yes, I meant the quick launch app. By swiping from the bottom right to open the camera app. I totally forgot about the double press on power button to open camera as well.

Yes, it is random for me and I can't reproduce the problem on the spot. It seems to only happen when I really want to take a photo.

What firmware update are you referring to in May? I do not recall updating my phone recently. How can I check my firmware and what is the newest version?
    06-05-2018 04:25 AM