Verizon update S9+

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I accepted the update. Anyone notice any improvements to the camera? The update description doesn't sound like it addressed any major issues.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I accepted the update. Anyone notice any improvements to the camera? The update description doesn't sound like it addressed any major issues.

I'm curious what is wrong with the camera? I ask because I'm thinking of buying the S9+ soon.

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
My S9+ is on Verizon. I still have the February security patch. I tried to manual update the software but according to the message I'm up to date! Is this update being rolled out slowly? I've never had any updates or patches since getting the phone shortly after it came out. Not happy still being on the February security patch.

aLasswell

Jun 9, 2018
Visit site
Same. But i have not tried plugging up to my compurer & going through the verizon upgrade assistant. In the past ive had phones that manually, through the phone, said im up to date. then i connect to the assistant and i get the update...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My S9+ is on Verizon. I still have the February security patch. I tried to manual update the software but according to the message I'm up to date! Is this update being rolled out slowly? I've never had any updates or patches since getting the phone shortly after it came out. Not happy still being on the February security patch.
If you are unable to get any updates then contact Verizon for troubleshooting. On a previous phone, they sent me a warranty replacement because it was not able to get updated.

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
My S9 updated already, but my wife's S9 (we bought both at the same time) still does not have the update and if I check for OTA it still says (device is up to date). Is this normal for the rollout to be different for phones on the same account? Or there to be such a large gap in time - I don't remember our s7s having this gap.

We are on Verizon btw

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Still no update for me on Verizon, even with checking manually. Still getting the message that I'm up-to-date. Figure I'll wait until the end of the week and if I don't have it by then I'll call Verizon.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
My S9 updated already, but my wife's S9 (we bought both at the same time) still does not have the update and if I check for OTA it still says (device is up to date). Is this normal for the rollout to be different for phones on the same account? Or there to be such a large gap in time - I don't remember our s7s having this gap.

We are on Verizon btw

I wouldn't say it's normal. I have three S9+'s on the same Verizon account and all updated the first day of release. And my Note 8 even updated like the day before.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Still no update for me on Verizon, even with checking manually. Still getting the message that I'm up-to-date. Figure I'll wait until the end of the week and if I don't have it by then I'll call Verizon.

Do you have an unlocked S9+ or a Verizon branded one?