Hi I have a new s9 and I have the Sky News , CNN News and BBC News apps on my phone. The problem is I'm not receiving the breaking news notification on the S9 when they come out, as I should do. Also there is no way to have the "in app sound that comes with the apps. I have set them all up in settings but no good. As I have just got this phone I still have my old Note 4 and the breaking news notifications come thru just fine, I have half a dozen or so of them a day. I have spoken to Samsung and they say it's the apps and the app makers say it the phone. So does anyone have these apps and if so do you get these problems?
    06-07-2018 07:45 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the S9 Cases forum to the main S9 forum (not sure why it was in the Cases forum to begin with).

I assume you've already looked at each of the news apps' settings to make sure the proper notifications are turned on. Have you also gone to Settings>Data Usage to make sure Restrict Background Data is turned off? Make sure all power-saving modes are turned off as well.

If you have a 3rd party "RAM booster" or battery saver app installed, get rid of it.
    06-07-2018 11:22 AM
    Hi Many thanks for your answer. First, I did the post on my mobile va Tapatalk and I have no idea what happened sorry about that.

Second, Yes I have tried all of that, and I do not have any 3rd party "RAM booster" or battery saver.
    06-10-2018 04:00 AM
    Do the apps give other notifications successfully, apart from breaking news?
    06-10-2018 10:39 AM
    Hi I have a new s9 and I have the Sky News , CNN News and BBC News apps on my phone. The problem is I'm not receiving the breaking news notification on the S9 when they come out, as I should do. Also there is no way to have the "in app sound that comes with the apps. I have set them all up in settings but no good. As I have just got this phone I still have my old Note 4 and the breaking news notifications come thru just fine, I have half a dozen or so of them a day. I have spoken to Samsung and they say it's the apps and the app makers say it the phone. So does anyone have these apps and if so do you get these problems?
    Have you tried using Google News? I'm just curious. No experience with any of these. Just picked up an S9 and getting used to all the ins and outs.
    06-10-2018 12:01 PM
    I have a local news app (ABC) on my S9+ and I get notifications all the time. So maybe it's in your app settings?
    06-22-2018 09:53 AM
    There are 2 settings you need to change for those apps. Be sure that samsung isn't putting the apps to sleep

Also, be sure that battery optimization is turned off for those apps as well.

06-22-2018 08:44 PM
    Hope this helps...
    Attached Files
    08-25-2019 04:36 PM